• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

duramax liftpump

I know kennedy sells a DMAX lift pump kit for the 6.5, but also didn't know that heath was offering one. Should be a very good pump for a 6.5. The one down side is I am pretty sure they do not prime themselves.

thanks for the welcomes im sorry it is kennedy i get them mixed up a lot and they DO NOT prime themselves but does anyone on here have firsthand experience with one of these pumps

I run the double lift pump setup from the person you mentioned. I feel it is a good setup, and the quality parts and install was a snap. I run it on my Duramax. ;)

I run a single on mY DURAMAX from him as well. It doesn't self prime, but that is fine since I still have my stock hand primer pump.

I can't comment on how good the DMax LP is, but for what it's worth, that Walbro that Leroy sells will be the one that goes into my truck. Between reading LOT'S of good info about it and what my local fuel injection shop says about Walbro's, I'm convinced. Again, I'm not saying the DMax one is no good - I just don't know much about it to say.

I think they are like comparing apples to oranges. The one mentioned by luke in post 6 is a centrifugal/magnetic type of drive, and is very quiet running, and has a flow through design, where it flows even if the motor stops. The Walbro pump is a little different, more mechanical I think. I am sure it is still a great pump, but just mentioning the differences.

Back