• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Duramax fan

matuva

Tropical 6.5er
Reaction score
New Caledonia. An island in south west pacific, cl
Howdy all.

getting tired, too busy or growing older, not sure, but suffering from memory lack, I don't remember the part # of the Duramax fan which bolts on the 4 bolts fan clutch of our rig.

IIRC that's the one from 01 Duramax, or the 02 one, not even sure about that

Anybody knows the part # ? :eek:

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Installed mine today Matuva. 2002 was what I asked for. I added the Hayden clutch to it too. Amazing how lightweight the fan is, and voila, no cutting required, mine fit perfectly.

thats the one i ordered. i also ordered the 2839 fan clutch i believe it was. both will be here sometime today. ill let you guys know how it works out for me

That DMax fan is the one I ordered and installed. Works great!

However, I got a severe duty fan clutch that gave me problems. I'm not sure of the brand but it looks exactly like the Hayden SD clutch. When towing my 9.3K TT over the Coast Range hills it never came on and my temps briefly went up to 215 and may have hit 220 as I was backing off the go pedal. The spring on it is too short to do more than add 1/8th" to it as per the "fan clutch mod". That 1/8th" added spring length didn't make any difference on the return trip from the coast either. I just hope Veg Out has more success than I did.

Don

Back