• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Duramax brake fade

chessie 6.5

Reaction score
2005 Duramax. When coming to a stop at a traffic light, the brakes fade at about 5 to 10 MPH. No lights come on on dash. Fluid ok.Work normally every where else. Had a couple close calls.

The front ABS sensors have rust jacked and need to be removed and cleaned. The reason that it wont stop at low speed is due to the sensor losing signal with the tooth wheel and the ABS system dumps pressure from the front brakes since it thinks they are locked up. That year was included in the recall where dealers would remove them and clean the mounting surface so they work properly.

The front ABS sensors have rust jacked and need to be removed and cleaned. The reason that it wont stop at low speed is due to the sensor losing signal with the tooth wheel and the ABS system dumps pressure from the front brakes since it thinks they are locked up. That year was included in the recall where dealers would remove them and clean the mounting surface so they work properly.
X2 what he said:agreed:

I remember the recall too.

X2 what he said:agreed:

I remember the recall too.

They supposedly "fixed" my 99 1/2 ton at the dealer, a year later I removed the left sensor and broke it because it was rusted in so bad. I ended up eating 2 sensors and the time to do the job correctly, best I can tell, the dealer pull the rotor, checked for codes and put some of the zinc spray paint over the area and called it good. I sent a letter to NHTSA telling them that the fix didnt work and they said my problem was with the dealer. I dropped it there since I dont have the time to deal with idiots.

Back