• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dura-Ration at the drags

That 30 feet would equate to .253 seconds assuming you were no longer accelerating. => It would be a little less, without knowing what v2 and v3 is I can't figure that, but about .25 sec is a good kitchen physics guess.

I came up with .45454545454545454545454545...but I don't know that much about math or quantum physics...

I wonder how the NHRA seems to come up with a 1.6 conversion factor from the 1/8 to the 1/4 mi where as Mine seems factor at 1.57 consistently...(my true 1/4 passes if using my 1/8 mark times on the NHRA conversion would be 13.22 when it really is a 12.977)

that's why I don't believe in conversion tables and only use them as a base line...

That 30 feet would equate to .253 seconds assuming you were no longer accelerating. => It would be a little less, without knowing what v2 and v3 is I can't figure that, but about .25 sec is a good kitchen physics guess.
Thank you Wrecker. So my time is about 7.92 Great that beats a certain LBZ on this site. ):h But I'll make it to a correct length strip soon to prove the time.

I came up with .45454545454545454545454545...but I don't know that much about math or quantum physics...

I wonder how the NHRA seems to come up with a 1.6 conversion factor from the 1/8 to the 1/4 mi where as Mine seems factor at 1.57 consistently...(my true 1/4 passes if using my 1/8 mark times on the NHRA conversion would be 13.22 when it really is a 12.977)

that's why I don't believe in conversion tables and only use them as a base line...
Try this one Pep
1/8th to 1/4 Mile Et Calculator - Wallace Racing

I just tried it with Wreckers info 7.92 and came out with a 1/4 mile time of 12.43 Now I don't believe it either. Gee's, But it would put me in the White chrome area of drag racing.):h

No way

Wow that sucks. I won't post what that comes out too. Until I get my Whitechrome award for my other times posted above. ):h Where did you get that 1.57 number from,anyway ?

Thank you Wrecker. So my time is about 7.92 Great that beats a certain LBZ on this site. ):h But I'll make it to a correct length strip soon to prove the time.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

I'm running a FULL 1/8th just like a drive it every day with a best of a 1.8 60ft. I need to lower my bars, spring clamps, etc and go back to get another number...

LBZ's can put a 7.8 easily with the right suspension work. That's a 12.5 1/4 time. (Kat's LBZ)

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

I'm running a FULL 1/8th just like a drive it every day with a best of a 1.8 60ft. I need to lower my bars, spring clamps, etc and go back to get another number...

LBZ's can put a 7.8 easily with the right suspension work. That's a 12.5 1/4 time. (Kat's LBZ)
So your saying LBZ's are Faster than LB7's ?

Wow that sucks. I won't post what that comes out too. Until I get my Whitechrome award for my other times posted above. ):h Where did you get that 1.57 number from,anyway ?

but you were running slower(techniques) when you were running the 1/4...so it doesn't count...

try adding the .45(30' compensation) to your short 1/8 times and then multiply by 1.57 ... I get 12.91..may be slower than your actual 1/4 times...but who knows...

I got the 1.57 number by plugging in different #'s between 1.56(some other calculators) and 1.60(NHRA)

and multiplying by my 1/8 times... when I found the number that consistently equated my 1/8 times to my actual 1/4 times I used that against all my time slips...and consistently 1.57 was by far the closest factor on nearly all my slips...

Last edited:
but you were running slower(techniques) when you were running the 1/4...so it doesn't count...

try adding the .45(30' compensation) to your short 1/8 times and then multiply by 1.57 ... I get 12.91..may be slower than actual...but who knows...

I got the 1.57 number by plugging in different #'s between 1.56(some other calculators) and 1.60(NHRA)

and multiplying by my 1/8 times... when I found the number that consistently equated my 1/8 times to my actual 1/4 times I used that against all my time slips...and consistently 1.57 was by far the closest factor on nearly all my slips...
Ok. Where did the .45 come from. Wrecker came up with .25 , I like his number better.):h

Ok. Where did the .45 come from. Wrecker came up with .25 , I like his number better.):h

I just used some old fashioned multiplication division and subtraction... using a mental slideing scale the represented the gradual loss of quickness(the 1.57 factor) between the 1/8 and 1/4 but equated from the amount of foot difference (30' in comparison to the 1/8)

It took a lot of thinking and doing...and I'm sure what i typed doesn't really fully describe what I did(confused you more<and myself> probably)and I'm not saying it's right...but that's the factor I came up with...

thats why I made the disclaimer about physics and math...

I do know for a fact that for my trucks 1/8 times multiplied by 1.57 is pretty spot on with all my 1/4 slips...

I'm sure every truck is different so maybe when you get a bunch of 1/4 slips with your newer more consistent times we can figure out if 1.57 is right for your truck too...:thumbsup:

Back