• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dual 6.5 Fuel Pumps

Sure is strange to hear a tractor sound like my truck :) Never seen 2 IPs before!

You know, I think it could be done. I mean making it streetable. You'd have to find the RPM of the IP so you could keep the RPM the same for both. The only ? I have is after the "T" fitting, shouldn't the line going to the injector be a little larger to accomodate the extra fuel? Or would simply more pressure (from the two IP's) do the trick? Maybe Golds could shed some light on this one. (or any one for that matter)

I have seen photos of the setup and actually, both pumps are belt driven. He has built a setup that installs a shaft in the position of the original IP. This shaft sits in a frame setup and drives a cog belt with an IP hanging on either side. Tee-ing multiple injection pumps together at the delivery valve (a sort of check valve) is nothing new. This has been done multiple times with a 12 cylinder "P" pump on a 6 cylinder tractor.

While this guy's 6.2 tractor does run good, he still is only getting about 180cc's of fuel max. So he probably isn't turning that HX50 charger as hard as one would think. For a real show, let him install an 8 cylinder P pump!!!

If you google "6.2 tractor lambert ter heide" you will find the article on "The Page"...

Regards,

Hmm....

One of our tractors has a 555 Cummins V8 engine in it.....

Now that would be a nice IP swap!

That video sure makes its way around!!

Very inspiring to see a 6.2/6.5 run like that and stay together. One other tidbit that I can neither confirm or deny are that the lifters are custom built also.

My hat is off to anyone who takes the initiative to build something that everyone says will not work. I guess that's the difference between being stuck in a rut, and moving forward.

:thumbsup:

Back