• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DTC Code question....

Nosferatu49534

Reaction score
I'm getting code P0275 from the scanner when I hook it up. I know its the cylinder 5 contribution balance but I'm wondering what the reasoning might be for the code and what I can do to fix it.

Injector is where I would look.

Options are pull it apart by putting the body in a vice and use the same socket used for install and removals to disassemble. Can of carb cleaner and a toothbrush. DO NOT SCRAPE ANYTHING! Be careful around the pintle, that little pointed piece is crucial to a good pattern.

Or just swap it with another injector, clear the code and see if it pops up for the different cylinder.

You need to lap the mating surface of the nozzle and the intermediate washer before reassembly of the injector or it is bound to leak.It would be best to replace the crush washer under the nozzle in the bottom of the body but if you want to reuse it for lack of a new one make sure you put it in the same way it came out.
The needle of a used nozzle is often impossible to get out.
Your best bet is to have a diesel shop pop test that injector before fooling with it.

I've only tried the disassemble, clean, reassemble thing on two sets of injectors. None were leakers, but I've gotten crazy lucky on things before. If that's the case, don't do the tear down option.

Just swap it with another cylinder's injector, Lear the code and see what you get. If you need to pay to redo that one injector- then do the whole set Imo. Then you can get them all rebuilt and balanced pressure good for the next 100,000 miles.

If you have a reputable shop around you I'd have them rebuilt. With german nozzles if possible. Only way to know what nozzles are in the is to pull them apart.

Well I went to a shop in town by me that deals with diesel injection. Talked to them for quit a while and they said for sure get the injectors to them and tested. The mechanic I talked to said he was doubtful about a bad injector. He said it would be giving me issues consistently, not intermitently like I'm getting. He suggested as well as getting the injectors tested to pull the valve cover off and check my rocker arms as there is a plastic piece that likes to wear out and break, causing the rocker/ rockers to shift slightly. Now I have to get my other vehicle ranger back on the road so I can have this truck down for a few days. I will keep updating.

Back