• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

"DTC-68"

Sunshine

Northern Lights
Reaction score
Hi to all... Still having problem with the ABS it`s throwing a DTC-68 Transmission Component Slipping..
What does this mean & what do i need to do so i`ll be happy again...
Thanks Guy`s

Means your TCC is slipping - but, faulty connectors and wiring give same symptoms as faulty device - get up under the vehicle and R&R all the connectors on the transmission - check for dirty, corroded, oxidized pins, etc - check for frayed wires, etc - clean and repair as necessary

Means your TCC is slipping - but, faulty connectors and wiring give same symptoms as faulty device - get up under the vehicle and R&R all the connectors on the transmission - check for dirty, corroded, oxidized pins, etc - check for frayed wires, etc - clean and repair as necessary

Thank`s gmctd i`m pleased you gave it to me short & clear...

You are worth your weight in Gold...Take Care....

/Paul

This is a known issue on high milage 4L80E's. It deals with line pressure loss through the actuator limit valve. My 95 has the same problem. MIKE L from the other site told me about this one awhile back when I first got the 68 in mine. It could be electrical as well, or maybe you just need to service it.

Appreciate all the help so far....taking one step at a time, so now i`m up to checking the front sensors for rust, i need some advice how i`m going to remove the 4x15mm bolts hey have been drown in WD40 or are nuts off to remove the Rotor, they must of filled them with Red Loktite coz i`ve broken spanners & ruin a socket...Do i need to drill or TNT... & is it best to put it in 4x4 while working on this...?Thanz

Back