• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DS4 timing advance specs

Rockabillyrat

SlIgHtLy StUpId.
Reaction score
Does anyone have a chart or info on the stock timing curve of a DS4 pump on a vin F engine? Im looking for the degrees of timing advance in relation to engine RPM.

So what are we looking at here ? Almost 15 degrees of advance at 3400 RPM ? Different fuel outputs with the same RPM ?

These are the calibrating specs for a DS4. Basically when its on the test bench the timing and fuel outputs needs to be within those spec at the RPM and pulse width thats stated in the calibration procedure.

I'm just doing research on timing curves for my DB2 pumps. Both the DB2 and DS4 are physically capabile of 11* of camring advace. But by design the DB2 limits timing, at stock calibration it only gets 3-4* of camring advance at 3200 rpm. So the DS4 has twice the timing on stock tuning. Im working on machining some parts to change the DB2 timing curve. I wanted to see what the DS4 specs were so I could have baseline on where to start. More timing = higher cylinder pressure so you have to be careful with that on this platform.

Back