• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DS4 shutoff solenoid temporary removal

CursedH1

Reaction score
Hello There,

I am assembling the components to install a fuel pressure gauge into my H1. I've got a mechanical lift pump going into my DS4 so I'm really keen on getting a pressure reading going into the IP. I have a FTB mod already installed.

I've found a stainless AN6 Tee that I can use to put on the inlet port on top of the IP. Problem is that the shutoff solenoid is firmly in the way. If I can remove it temporarily while I screw in the T, I'd be golden.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with diesel injection pumps to know whether this is ok to do or not. Can I remove the solenoid temporarily - then once the T and sender and fuel line is re-attached - put it back in? Is there any set of procedures that I need to follow in order to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20200803_154217.jpg
    20200803_154217.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 14
Awesome! Thanks all. I'll be sure to post pics when I get the contraption put all back together again. From what Will has been saying on the H1 forums, there's a real need for a kit like this for the DS4. I might be able to convince ModMafia to put one together.

Awesome! Thanks all. I'll be sure to post pics when I get the contraption put all back together again. From what Will has been saying on the H1 forums, there's a real need for a kit like this for the DS4. I might be able to convince ModMafia to put one together.
Just make sure that there are no hard turn 90 deg fittings at any point for fuel feed, it is best to use AN "full flow" 90 degree fittings in fuel system applications. On a T fitting the gauge line should be at 90 deg while fuel should on straight on...in/out. I mention this because its critical with mechanical lift pump not so much for high pressure electric pumps.

Could you give the details of the tee that you used. What did you screw into the IP.

That’s the best way to install a pressure guage on a DS4 that I’ve seen. Mine comes out the top of FFM

Sure thing - this is the fitting I'm using. Note that I do have a FTB mod as well.

Yes, I know it's aluminum and it's not the best - but the rest of the fuel line hardware is aluminum already... Another H1 owner posted this fitting on the HML, but said that when he tried it on his truck, the vibrations of the engine kept loosening it up. After installation, we ran the engine at idle for about 30 minutes and it didn't move. It will be something I keep a keen eye on over the next few months - especially as the weather turns colder.

I ordered a fuel gauge from speedhut that included all of the wiring and the pictured sender.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for sharing that with everyone.
On the aluminum fitting- that one is anodized so it won’t be affected.
I bet a corner could be drilled and safety wired so it can’t loosen. I missed the part where his came loose in that thread.

@Jaryd if you gauge is electric, just buy 1 more sensor and a momentary switch. Wire it up so ip pressure is normally read and hit the momentary switch to read the top of the ip so you can tell when to install new filter.

Back