• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DS4 going to become obselete?

ak diesel driver

6.5 driver
Reaction score
So I talked to Kris Stratton at midland diesel and leroy and my local stanadyne shop in Anchorage. Seems everyone is having issues getting new heads and rotors.

Turns out stanadyne sold the rights to alliant power group. They have no intentions of making anymore pumps.the west coast distributor told the local stanadyne dealer they've had 13 head and rotor assemblies on order for over 6 months. I'd think the db2 wouldn't be far behind.

So I called and talked to Badger diesel, his website said he had new pumps for $1200. Turns out his website is a little outdated the price was $1350. And he'd just sold his last new one. He did say the newest pumps weren't as good of quality as as the older ones which are made offshore. He did volunteer he had a new older version so we struck a deal where he's going to put the upgraded hardened parts in it minus a pmd for $1300

So I called and talked to Diesel Forward 800-735-7358 who is the parent company to alliant power. Didn't get very far with them but did confirm with them that they bought the rights and that they aren't planning on making any new pumps or parts. He seemed to think that it wasn't going to be an issue for awhile as they have an inventory of parts. Supposedly he's going to try and find out more info and contact me about the future plans for the pump if any. I'm not holding my breath tho

This is depressing news. If they stop making parts for the db/ds pumps not only does that hurt the lives of our truck but also the idi ford's too. That's a lot of old iron being affected.

I think it was a package for more lucrative product lines and military contracts will pay for DS/DB pumps rights. Probably will make some parts concurrently with military orders. Then how many extras will depend on market demand and other orders on the books to compete for machine time. There are still Humvee's being ordered and the need for replacement IP's til about what 2024-2030????

I wonder if they will get some aftermarket business for Ag tractor pumps from the deal or another market that sweetens the deal????

It would be nice if they offered an alternative IP but doubt that would happen with the shrinking market of 6.5's on the road.

What are on Chinese 6.5's? In some years probably soon might see Chinese IP's similar to engines.

Back