• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Driveshaft build

FellowTraveler

Reaction score
Today, having a new 3.5" dia. driveshaft w/slip shaft & companion flange, built for my GMT425, 59.25" long, 14 bolt ff to t-case flange.
Then I have to finish the 9.25" IFS diff w/ARB locker and a new shaft for that, trying to convince boss-lady, I need the RCV performance axles for that too.

I couldn't bring myself to buy a $2500 set of half shafts, not when stockers are well documented holding up to 4 digit power. I did just put a set of rockford thermoplastic cv boots in mine because I got tired of the neoprenes failing after 3 years. It was a bit of a pain though because they had the boots & grease, but were out of the clamps. So I had to go to belmetric online and order some oetiker 163 clamps, 4 #120's and 4 #40's. They were a bit tall for the inner side, but overall are really nice boots.

I couldn't bring myself to buy a $2500 set of half shafts, not when stockers are well documented holding up to 4 digit power. I did just put a set of rockford thermoplastic cv boots in mine because I got tired of the neoprenes failing after 3 years. It was a bit of a pain though because they had the boots & grease, but were out of the clamps. So I had to go to belmetric online and order some oetiker 163 clamps, 4 #120's and 4 #40's. They were a bit tall for the inner side, but overall are really nice boots.
I had no idea thy could hold up to such power, good to know, I'll check out those boot's, as always FERM you are a wealth of knowledge, BIG THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT...

Forgot to mention, its 1410 w/U-bolts & Spicer solid joints.
Crush sleeves, are now a thing of the past as a bushing kit w/washers now replaces the crush sleeve.

Back