• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Drive line "clunk" repair...

You'll know it if you've got it. You'll be able to feel it through the gas and brake pedal. You'll hear it. I actually had two clunks if I started off from a light where I was completely stopped.

My 01 1500 was so bad it would feel like someone hitting the back bumper when stopping or taking off. I cleaned the splines with a wire wheel and added a ton of grease. I had to do this about every 20K miles. My lbz is clunk free so far at 67K.

edit: I had a lift on the truck so maybe that made it worse....

And after 30 days, the clunk is back in full force. Evidently, I need a new spline. What a pain in the ass.

And after 30 days, the clunk is back in full force. Evidently, I need a new spline. What a pain in the ass.
Just a new front yoke on the driveshaft should do it. Proper design makes the female softer than the male (insert joke here...):h). Unless you're still under warranty of course...

Nick, I thought all the '07s were 5yr 100k on the drivetrain. I know they gave it to me for the wife's '07 Tahoe when they brought it out. You should check. Stacks would know.

You're right. I totally forgot.

You're alright Mike.

Even if you were in the Navy...):h

Back