• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

drag times

well i have stage 5 trans intake exhaust lift pumps tts pick up ppe boost valve tie rod sleeves and efi tuning... the truck went 12.2 @ 117 with a 1.9 60ft... i did have nitrous on the truck when i used to run the 1/8th mile but i have taken off the truck and replaced the bood couplers and intercooler as to witch i broke... but the truck is on #2 fuel and tuning with mods i have.... when i can get to the track agian i will have a video of the truck.. i went to see if i could go faster than 12.52 that is what i have been running.. and i did beat it ...

well i have stage 5 trans intake exhaust lift pumps tts pick up ppe boost valve tie rod sleeves and efi tuning... the truck went 12.2 @ 117 with a 1.9 60ft... i did have nitrous on the truck when i used to run the 1/8th mile but i have taken off the truck and replaced the bood couplers and intercooler as to witch i broke... but the truck is on #2 fuel and tuning with mods i have.... when i can get to the track agian i will have a video of the truck.. i went to see if i could go faster than 12.52 that is what i have been running.. and i did beat it ...
Its snowing tonight in Miami.

With a 1.9 60ft ? LB7 putting down 34 psi boost? 117 mph trap speed?

:yup:

Good thing I'm wearing my boots.....................The bullsh*t is deep in here!!!

all of you in this thread need to remember this is the same duoche that was selling other peoples tunes on craigslist! hes an idiot and everyone knows it.

all of you in this thread need to remember this is the same duoche that was selling other peoples tunes on craigslist! hes an idiot and everyone knows it.

You got some links to back that up?

I've never heard of a 4 wheel drive crew cab that weighs less than 7300lbs or so.

You got some links to back that up?

I've never heard of a 4 wheel drive crew cab that weighs less than 7300lbs or so.

it was a few months ago. he lives near me, and me and another guy saw adds on craiglist for " 03 duramax tuning" is what he had the title as. said he had tunes ranging from 50 hp all the w ay up to 500hp. then he got on DD and was asking for tuning help cause he couldnt make more then 464hp and was trying for 500. but runs mid 12's:rolleyes5: he almost had trent and some other guys conned into helping him but was called out on this same thing of selling otheres tuning on craigslist. then he said it wasnt him, that there must just be 2 people with the same name. since then he hasnt been back after being called on it. i dont care who belives it or not but hes a bs'er and is a disgrace to the sport.

popcorn.gif
catfight2.gif

Well, I'll put it like this....BOTTOM LINE: The numbers don't jive.

25 psi at launch......I don't think so, not unless it's on drag radials (AT LEAST). As soon as I try to launch over 20 psi, I end up with 4 tires worth of smoke.

Here's a video of what not watching your boost gauge and hitting 20+ psi does at launch. This was detuned to ~670 HP so it would stay in the 12.0 index.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cumminalong#p/u/3/XKVjJQraXGY

I weigh in at 7280 before I sit my backside in the truck. There ain't no way you're dropping in the 12's without touching 600 HP. Sorry the physics don't lie. Moving X amount of weight requires X amount of HP and 36 PSI on a stock turbo ain't gonna make it.

I push over 72 lbs of boost through mine and running the street tires at street pressure with no weight reduction and half a tank of fuel, the fastest I've run has been 11.73 at 117 on the 1/4 and 7.53 at 94 on the 1/8.

1.9 at the 60.......ain't gonna get it done. If you were coming off the line at 20+ psi (and we're able to stick it) you'd be looking at 1.6 - 1.8 at the 60.

Nothing but trans and tune.......not this year bud.

I weigh in at 7280 before I sit my backside in the truck. There ain't no way you're dropping in the 12's without touching 600 HP. Sorry the physics don't lie. Moving X amount of weight requires X amount of HP and 36 PSI on a stock turbo ain't gonna make it.

Not arguing but didn't Pepp run a 12.97 on 484 HP?
I'm certainly not taking sides with this guy but you do not need 600 hp to get into the 12's

everyone can talk shit all they want.. but i will bet no one will come and race.. and it wasnt me on craigslist that was selling tuning... **** yall then

Not arguing but didn't Pepp run a 12.97 on 484 HP?
I'm certainly not taking sides with this guy but you do not need 600 hp to get into the 12's

Depends on the weight and gearing.

484 won't put a full size 4x4 ext or crew cab into the 12's.

It's true that I dyno'd at Suncoast at only 484 hp...

but...I didn't have the lift pumps on the truck(they arrived a day after I left) or the bored turbo mouthpiece...

on the dyno, the truck was starving for fuel and that was with a couple bad injector and blown headgasket...

I have since added dual Laing pumps for racing...

Also I have not dyno'd the truck since the addition of the pumps...my estimate is somewhere north of 525 rwhp...

Weight: the only weight reduction I do at the track is pull the tailgate and spare tire so whatever stock weight minus those items are plus my 220 lbs is what my race weight is...

Back