• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

drag times

It's true that I dyno'd at Suncoast at only 484 hp...

but...I didn't have the lift pumps on the truck(they arrived a day after I left) or the bored turbo mouthpiece...

on the dyno, the truck was starving for fuel and that was with a couple bad injector and blown headgasket...

I have since added dual Laing pumps for racing...

Also I have not dyno'd the truck since the addition of the pumps...my estimate is somewhere north of 525 rwhp...

Weight: the only weight reduction I do at the track is pull the tailgate and spare tire so whatever stock weight minus those items are plus my 220 lbs is what my race weight is...

I new all this but forgot. Not saying your truck is slow but if your calculations are correct, it still way south of 600 HP, which is the claim CUMMINS made.
We are in the 12's with out hitting 600 HP.

Well, Jr decided to send me a PM with this little tidbit.

03whitechrome said:
hey if you dont believe me were do you lieve we can line them up then so many people talk shit on here and its not funny... set a time and place...

All you gotta do is show us the time slip or a video of the boards at the end of the run. Seems simple to me. But........

To your PM I say, NO PROBLEM. My location is right under my avatar.

You let me know if you really wannt step up to the plate and I'll gladly show you tail lights brother.

You can spray it if you want, but you'll get a good look at tailgate.

I new all this but forgot. Not saying your truck is slow but if your calculations are correct, it still way south of 600 HP, which is the claim CUMMINS made.
We are in the 12's with out hitting 600 HP.
there is a calculator for times to estimate rwhp...that calculator could be wrong...but it tells me I'm just at 635 rwhp with my times and weight...but in estimating my own rwhp(525+) I'm underestimating on purpose...I surely don't want to be labeled one of these guys that add up part hp #'s to get a total rwhp that is untested...

here's one of them calculators...

http://www.cprparts.com/HPcalculator.html

WHEW, that ones WAY off.

Based on my times, weights and speeds, it shows me at over 900 to the wheels.

I'd be more than happy with that, but my dyno numbers are generally repeateable within 6 - 8 HP most of the time.

WHEW, that ones WAY off.

Based on my times, weights and speeds, it shows me at over 900 to the wheels.

I'd be more than happy with that, but my dyno numbers are generally repeateable within 6 - 8 HP most of the time.

you and me both ):h

Here's one that's fairly accurate, at least compared to the numbers and times that I usually put down.

It's showing a little high on the trap speed calculator, but it's almost dead on with the ET calculator.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/Phil/bg/

it does seem much more reasonable...Mine comes out to 562rwhp on that one...

so give or take 10 hp(?) is probably where I'm at...

so I'll just say 540 to play it safe...

That run in the video I posted of the 12.2 run I was tuned down to approx 670 RWHP and the calculator showed 659.

It's pretty close.

Back