• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Does anyone have any data on the heath HT-4 cam's

I would just call up Delta and get a custom regrind or their #206 cam. Custom grind is $140 +shop around for the springs which I'm sure you won't spend more than $160 on =$300. Less than half the cost of the parts from heath...

Would or will? :dunno: If its "Will" then by all means, go for it and post up the dyno results so there's at least a general comparison to OEM specs.

Buddy, are you running that "Oregon" cam and what profile did you choose? Any chance of a name?

Would or will? :dunno: If its "Will" then by all means, go for it and post up the dyno results so there's at least a general comparison to OEM specs.

Buddy, are you running that "Oregon" cam and what profile did you choose? Any chance of a name?

Dyno results? Really??? If you want to waste money running something on a dyno that isn't worth being on there in the first place you go ahead. I called Delta and talked to them about what I have done to my motor and what they suggest. Your more than welcome to do the same (800)-562-5500 or you can blast $600+ with heath for the same results. I'm in the middle of my build up so using words in the future tense is warranted as I'm not done yet. I have called Delta but my issue is checking clearances on my valves with a motor that's 2 states away.

And I'm sorry, I must apologize that I was trying to help out and give advice that could help you save money if your going to change the cam.

I would love to find a cam that will give more towing power in the lower RPM range but so far no one can show any numbers to give any data as to the cam really giving any better HP or Tork ....... I guess I will stay with a stock cam, the money just isn't there for me to just take someones word for it and not have any real info and back up their word.

I did talk to Bill Heath and as of a week or so ago, they haven't even tested the new HT-4 cam with a DB 2 pump, how can you make such clams of performance when you haven't tested it on a given set up ????

Haven't run the cam. The shop was actually called Oregon Cam Grinding, but its in Washington :)

Oregon Cam Grinding of Washington State, that's good. Interesting to see what the results are. Performance or economy profile?

Dyno results? Really??? If you want to waste money running something on a dyno that isn't worth being on there in the first place you go ahead. I called Delta and talked to them about what I have done to my motor and what they suggest. Your more than welcome to do the same (800)-562-5500 or you can blast $600+ with heath for the same results. I'm in the middle of my build up so using words in the future tense is warranted as I'm not done yet. I have called Delta but my issue is checking clearances on my valves with a motor that's 2 states away.

And I'm sorry, I must apologize that I was trying to help out and give advice that could help you save money if your going to change the cam.

It was just a request for data. Everyone seems to be asking for facts. If you're just posting BS then say so, at least it's a fact.

I would love to find a cam that will give more towing power in the lower RPM range but so far no one can show any numbers to give any data as to the cam really giving any better HP or Tork ....... I guess I will stay with a stock cam, the money just isn't there for me to just take someones word for it and not have any real info and back up their word.

I did talk to Bill Heath and as of a week or so ago, they haven't even tested the new HT-4 cam with a DB 2 pump, how can you make such clams of performance when you haven't tested it on a given set up ????

Cutomer feed back probably. Heard of a guy up in PA who ran his HP-3 without the tune. Compared his quarter mile times, did the math (weight, speed, time etc) and came up with over 70 hp gained on cam alone. 635 has posted his observations and Bill hasn't gotten where he is by lying.

Selling products to those that will believe anything that is said.................. just my opinion ..........

Like every other manufacturer who will try to talk you out of a purchase you don't need? "Grip to be had on isle 5." I don't blame you for having doubts but it's getting old. He's got good rep, you've got, what, an add for ceramic coatings and you're asking people to email you for what, selling something on the forum without paying the site sponsorship? just my opinion. No need to tell me, I'm gone.

Cutomer feed back probably. Heard of a guy up in PA who ran his HP-3 without the tune. Compared his quarter mile times, did the math (weight, speed, time etc) and came up with over 70 hp gained on cam alone. 635 has posted his observations and Bill hasn't gotten where he is by lying.

I think Bill, and anyone else coming up with power claims without a dyno is as good as lying.

Its cheap and easy to do, just dyno it.... otherwise its worthless.

Please tell me how it is bull$hit to offer up a CAMSHAFT company that is in business to build CAMSHAFTS and produces said CAMSHAFTS to be a profitable business? I am just curious how that is? You talk to them and go over the work you have done to your engine, the clearances you have between valve to piston at TDC, and they make recommendations based off of that. Obviously if they didn't know what they were doing they wouldn't be in business...
$140 for a custom grind suited to your needs or you can get an already proven grind for the same price +the cost of springs. Known specs and dimensions on cam.
$600 for a custom grind+springs that may or may not be suited to your needs. Unknown specs and dimensions of his grinds.

Delta has been around for years, is a proven company, and common sense would dictate if you can acheive the same results(or better) at a much lower cost that you would go with it. And no just because the price is lower doesn't mean it's of lower quality, it just means your not being fleeced. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that all he's done is play with the duration of the cam...

Sorry I am so full of bull$hit here, even though I offered up the contact info for them with a knowledgeable person to talk to even...

I think you're right around the corner, about two hours from Ellensburg. If you're that interested in character assasination, then go by and talk to the guy, take a ride in Joe's or Bill's trucks and then post up your observations.

I think you're right around the corner, about two hours from Ellensburg. If you're that interested in character assasination, then go by and talk to the guy, take a ride in Joe's or Bill's trucks and then post up your observations.

Actually, I was already thinking about that. Then I'll let him take a ride in my IDI.....

Actually, I was already thinking about that. Then I'll let him take a ride in my IDI.....

Excellent, glad you're willing to do so. Give them a call and hop over the pass. Closed on Saturdays though. IIRC, it was a Ford guy who purchased a 6.5 that had the long discussion with Bill that convinced him to go ahead and bring the cam to market as there would be real interest outside of the 100 or so guys (estimation, no facts are implied) in doing a cam swap to get at some real power.

Excellent, glad you're willing to do so. Give them a call and hop over the pass. Closed on Saturdays though. IIRC, it was a Ford guy who purchased a 6.5 that had the long discussion with Bill that convinced him to go ahead and bring the cam to market as there would be real interest outside of the 100 or so guys (estimation, no facts are implied) in doing a cam swap to get at some real power.

I have a little experience with camshafts. I designed the 'turbo cam' for the Ford IDI.

I called my grinder, which happens to be Delta, to get stock specs on your GM cams, and clearances. I can tell you this, there is nothing heath can do, with those cams, to out perform a delta re-grind.

also, I don't want to sound like I have it out for Heath Diesel, because I don't..... but when I first heard about the 500hp IDI I was pretty excited. Then when I found out his 500hp claim is crank power, not wheel power, and its calculated, not dynoed, I was pretty disappointed.

Its hard to believe someone, that refuses to put their truck on a dyno.

Back