• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Does anyone have any data on the heath HT-4 cam's

Yes it is the camshaft in question, however I'm not going to pull it back out since I have the front of the motor mostly back together already. I work in the oilfield on a 11-3 rotation right now (work 11 days off 3), so spending the time to take the front end and lifters back out is not worth the hassle to me.

I bought the cam knowing full well that it's the first db2 with the cam, so basicly a test dummy for it. If you look in the thread 'motors motors motors' i've got the details in there (6.5 performance section).

You could at least take a digital caliper and measure lift on the int/exh.....nothing to disassemble for that....

I would be willing to test a camshaft design like the Ford guys have if it would work in our 6.5. I would even pay to have it custom ground. I am getting ready to pull my heads and it wouldn't be that much more work to do the cam while I am there. PM me if you have ideas I will not share the specs if that is what is required to test the design.

The 'proof of performance' is, to me, why we have the dyno fund going right now so we can have better ideas of what each modification does to these engines. Which btw mods if one of yall can setup a spreadsheet of some kind listing the results would be fantastic, or just a thread where we can post the dyno sheets with no other comments.

The only person I'm aware of with a db2 and a ht4 towing cam at this time is me, and i'm currently waiting for my pre-cups and injectors to get back so the motor can go back together. If yall can wait just a little while longer I'll do a dyno run and post up the results, but it wont be until sometime in july.

Red, I must have missed the part about you planning to use this cam with the DB2, I will be watching to see how it works closely!!!

When I said I would like to see "DATA OR NUMBERS" , I didn't mean really the cam card, I was referring to dyno HP/Tork numbers more.. I will be looking for your dyno run Red....

The Ford cam is smaller than the Crane cam I have . 198 intake and 202 exhaust with lobe lifts of .293 and .300 . All at .050 .

all it takes is a few minutes with a degree wheel and you have the specs anyway I guess if you don't like the specs you could send it back

Back