• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Does -6mm Negative Offset Rims Stick Out?

CORVAIRWILD

Reaction score
In Arizona, buying another diesel Suburban
We have a '95 Suburban 3/4 ton 4x4, and when I bot it 3 years ago, I put on MB Razor 16" wheels and 285-75R16 Falken WildPeaks. The tires stick out past the fender flares, and the tire spray covers the side of the truck with whatever I drive thru, and I'm not wild about the look-wideCIMG5639 (Small).JPG CIMG5639 (Small).JPG CIMG5640 (Small).JPG CIMG5641 (Small).JPG CIMG5642 (Small).JPG CIMG5639 (Small).JPG CIMG5640 (Small).JPG CIMG5641 (Small).JPG CIMG5642 (Small).JPG stance.

We want to put winter tires on as the Falkens are nothing special in the snow-ice. A tire place told me I should look for "0" offset, and most rims are -6 offset. The 6 refers to MM's, which is not quite 1/4". Will 1/4" really make a difference to bring the wheels in? The -6 are much more common, and less expensive. I suppose I should just put on rubber fender flaps... I looked underneath, and I don't think I'll have tie-rod or intercooler interference, yes, it has an intercooler under the bumper as it came from Phoenix.

Here are our 1st choice, the least expensive. The ebay ad shows -6 offset.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-Vision-W...t=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item417fe81f10

I looked at another site, more expensive wheels, and all the 0's are more pricey. We will prolly buy Cooper M+S snows, 285's from Discount Tire, but they're wheels are more exp, either offset. Even tho they offer free install of tires rims bot together, they ONLY offer rubber valve stems, so I can install them myself w an antique Coats 20-20 I have and a pedestal balancer that works great. Heavy to lift the big tires onto, but I can use metal valves that way, or buy their wheels, and just separate the outer tire from the rim, and change the valves

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...nter=1&fl=&qkf=promotion&sortBy=prca&fqs=true

The wheels in the Pics above are -6, so you'll be in the same boat. To double check, pull one off, and the offset will be stamped on the backside of one of the spokes.

With a 0 offset VS -6, the 0 offset will only be .2" more tucked in than the -6 offset. So, you prob won't even notice a difference since it's less than 1/4".

What about larger fender flares? I know you don't like the wider look, but it will tame the look of the tires sticking out and stop al the body spray.

Hey Will, were can I buy the larger flares? Too bad, I just had these painted. I have some "bolt-on" flares on a junk Jimmy, I guess that's the kind you're referring to. I would just put them in the front, and I guess have them painted again.

Back