• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Do you notice anything wrong in this picture?

Noticed a friends 1993 454 K2500 is also like the OP's photo. Also got into an argument with a drive shaft shop here in town that wanted to cut the yoke off and re-phaze the front u-joint. I told them "No!" it was factory and I get no warranty on the balance job. Their work looks good, but, communication isn't all that great. If I would have recalled the last shop I went to that knew this was correct I would have gone there 1st.

I had a driveshaft on my 1st 1993 that did not have a key spline. (The slip yoke was replaced due to wear I think. So this may be the reason I am unsure if 1993's had a master spline.) Running it in and out of phase made no difference to the vibration at 75 MPH with the poly center bearing, but, would no doubt affect it's balance.

Is there a shop manual or other reference to phasing of the u-joints on the 2 piece driveshaft? 1993 for sure is built like this.

Pics of my rebuilt yet again 1993 DS.

Attachments

• 1993.jpg
    1993.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 7
  • 1993_2.jpg
    1993_2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Same reason why troops go out-of-step when crossing a suspension bridge in formation; because of the harmonic effect.

Back