• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dmax for sale, needs Head Gasket

Look deeper!

I have never seen that interior/exterior color combination. If you could see it up close I would check for possible extensive body/frame damage to warrant a color change. For me it screams run away!!!

Pewter was available with graphite interior in 2002, thechevyhdman had that same combo in a chevy. I would assume it was in 2001 as well ???

:thumbsup:

according to the dealer who did my injectors last, the salt could very well strip out the hex heads on the valve cover bolts.....:confused:
much easier to do out of the truck, i think.(i did it in the truck) and from a guy who i believe has pretty good knowledge of the workings and buildings of an engine (albeit not much real life workings on it) it went pretty smooth. its just time consuming moving everything out of the way and putting it back. just remember to mark where the wires go on the glow plug controller......:rolleyes5:

Pewter was available with graphite interior in 2002, thechevyhdman had that same combo in a chevy. I would assume it was in 2001 as well ???

:thumbsup:

Graphie color? pictures must do an injustice, looked blue to me. It would be more acceptable with pewter, but a blue interior and goldish exterior, just yuk!
Maybe I need to change out my eyes.

Mine had 162K on it and I'm just getting warmed up. Theres plenty of DMAX's out there with well over 250K miles and the cylinder heads have yet to melt off the block.

Graphie color? pictures must do an injustice, looked blue to me. It would be more acceptable with pewter, but a blue interior and goldish exterior, just yuk!
Maybe I need to change out my eyes.

the earlier trucks (pre 2003) had a dark blueish grey color in them. It was ugly, we have an 02 Dmax with that color and Puketer (pewter). Pewter is ugly, but evn if you never was your truck it still looks clean, its great for hiding dirt.

according to the dealer who did my injectors last, the salt could very well strip out the hex heads on the valve cover bolts.....:confused:
much easier to do out of the truck, i think.(i did it in the truck) and from a guy who i believe has pretty good knowledge of the workings and buildings of an engine (albeit not much real life workings on it) it went pretty smooth. its just time consuming moving everything out of the way and putting it back. just remember to mark where the wires go on the glow plug controller......:rolleyes5:

Yes the factory hex head screws can be easy to strip. Ive gotten lucky though and ive only ever needed to use a vice grip once.

The worst part about them is getting to the ones that are near the firewall, a ball end hex tool is a necessity and jacking up the motor helps if you really cant get them.

A lot of people and delers replace them with hex head bolts.

Back