• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DIY TURBO MASTER....Now staling problems

engine65 said:
IF anyone has any pictures of behind the bumper i would like to see them. Im going to try this sometime this week. If anything i will run the new cable in the cab and mount the heat sync some other time.

NO No no...
If you try to run your PMD without a heatsink you will be buying a new one inside of 15 minutes. They FRY, smoke, and darn-near melt.

If you don't have time to properly mount it on a heatsink then pay somebody to do it for you or order a complete kit from Heath. Doing this half-assed just means you'll do it again.

Soon.

NO No no...
If you try to run your PMD without a heatsink you will be buying a new one inside of 15 minutes. They FRY, smoke, and darn-near melt.

If you don't have time to properly mount it on a heatsink then pay somebody to do it for you or order a complete kit from Heath. Doing this half-assed just means you'll do it again.

Soon.

soon wouldn't be the word Jim. i believe someone from the old site tested a PMD without a heatsink and it started smoking inside of 3 minutes(can't remember which member now). it may have still been working but the smoke show would be a sign of "thats not good." A PMD must have a heatsink, period.

the saying when i was in the high school robotics club was "If the magic smoke leaves a electronic part said part no longer functions too well."

Diesel Pro & myself ran one on test stand hanging in breeze, 200F with IR gun under 2 minutes, and smoke from residual fuel starting to IIRC he said he did one to fail took about 3 minutes about 250F

Accurate diesel had the cable very reasonable. It was excellent quality. I also got a good deal on the Dipaco from them . It has been working fine for 6 months. I will try to take a pics. I have it in the nostril as well. The Heath kit is fine but once you already have an investment in a cooler 240$ is alot better than 500$. Plus where Heath tells you to mount is doesn't always work out anyway. It interfered with my plow frame and I had to refab it anyway. If you want to leave it hanging in the cab with no heatsinc and your drive to work is less than 3 mins you could use it to keep your coffee warm or fry up a ham egg cheese....
:)

Engine65, thanks for reporting back! Good job on the re-locate. I'm glad you got the cable and got-'er-done!

Jim

Acesneights1 said:
If you want to leave it hanging in the cab with no heatsinc and your drive to work is less than 3 mins you could use it to keep your coffee warm or fry up a ham egg cheese....

Kenny, you kill me...
:)

yea thanks again for all the help. I bought the heat sync last year thinking all my problems with this thing were all over but i guess they were wrong. Oh well i guess im not out that much money. Life time warranty on the new cable free shipping 48 bucks and 1 hour labor.
Thanks again to all!!!

Back