• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DIY BD1 Programming - Burn your own chips!

Got it, yes the 27c512 read correctly and checked the chip against the buffer memory, It read correctly, and verified it.

Got it, yes the 27c512 read correctly and checked the chip against the buffer memory, It read correctly, and verified it.

The last one you sent me wasn't working either. I checked it in the hex editor and it started right at the begginning again like the other one that didn't work, but all of the other ones that do work start at 2000 like rainstate said they should. To post up your tune files, zip them and then it will alow you to atatch them. I'll see if we can add teh .bin file as an acceptable extension file to make it easier to upload them.

Your right, I can upload the fix but then there will be 3 files showing might be confusing for people. Any how here it is... changed the math it looks right for the most part and changed the kPa scaling, I was a little high sorry.

Attachments

• $EC.1.zip
    10.5 KB · Views: 28
The FD xdf is changed, here it is.....not perfect but close. I'll add more when I disassemble the file completely.

Attachments

• $FD.1.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 25
It's gonna be a bit before I'm up and running. My burner doesn't have a 64-bit driver. /facepalm.

Gonna have to dualboot my mac and install 32-bit XP on it.

Perhaps this will help a bit:

Untitled-1.jpg

I can't go any deeper than that though....

Rainstate, I've been throwing your definition files into the dripspeed.com 6.5 repository. http://www.dripspeed.com/6.5/ Trying to name them to something obvious so people know which one to get/use. $EC.xdf and $FD.xdf reflect the newest, and i'll try to keep that current as you update.

It's gonna be a bit before I'm up and running. My burner doesn't have a 64-bit driver. /facepalm.

Gonna have to dualboot my mac and install 32-bit XP on it.

Thats why I spent the extra $10 on a G540 instead of the $35 one. A little pre-purchase research paid off!

I just noticed that you also have my ADX posted. Cool, It's somewhat finished, there is a lot of doubles stuff in there that has to be taken out.( I was trying to figure out how to combine 225/226 together cause thats how GM did it ) It does work, well what I tested anyhow. To Data log you have to build specific sections and change some stuff in the XDF which I didn't do cause its kind of a peronnel preference on how it looks. But thats the fun part. I got pretty busy and kinda forgot about it. Actually I did forget about it.
anyhow....

The adx I have posted is quite incomplete. Ifound it on another forum, and haven't had the time to work on bettering it.

The FD xdf is changed, here it is.....not perfect but close. I'll add more when I disassemble the file completely.

Would you be willing to post some of your disassembled information? I have some assembly experience and would be interested in looking through what you have.

I think there should be a way to modify the programming itself, not just tweaking the tables to get the maximum fuel out of the pump that is mechanically possible. There has to be somewhere in the code where the time to open and close the solenoid is calculated then executed...if that could be modified (assuming no mechanical limit exists..I know nothing mechanically about these pumps) then we should be able to get quite a bit more fuel out of them.

But then I wonder if that's necessary...Heath claims 500hp out of a stock DS4 and a chip. I don't think any of us will be needing enough fuel to make 500hp any time soon.

File removed per OP request Yeah I have one that is almost finished, ran into a snag , got confused and than aggrevated because of some tables, walked away from it. I can see the reference pointers to a couple of tables that point to 3 tables that are the same and 4 more that I am confused about. Maybe you can make some sense out of it. There's alot of room for improvement and room for more in the code. Here it is.... this is actually a moded program of an updated BJAX code. L65 with 5068 ip

Last edited by a moderator:
There has got to be a way to go over 80MM3 of fuel as the ECM has some tables in it that specifically reference fueling over 80MM3 of fuel, and then the others that reference 80MM3 and under. Is there a page somewhere that lists what each line of hex is or how to identify them? I did one today and it came up some sections in blue when I did the difference tool, so they aren't in the .xdf file but are different. I wish I would have stayed in programming and such years back as I would probably undertsand this stuff now.

did you do a comparison between 2 files? if you did they need to be the same type of file to get the differences, A stock file compared to a mod file, or comparing the different addressess?

The firmware is mapped to about 92mm3 but capped at 80mm3 I believe. There's room to rewrite and get more fuel out, to maybe 110 or 120 mm3. Just need time to figure it out.

There is a little more stuff to be put in the files, just need more time and energy. I'll post another XDF that is for an updated bin that's not compatible ( alot of differences ) with the original XDF's. I need to finish it for others to use. ( I only put in it what I wanted )

The page for what each line of hex is is the disassembly. I posted one of a modded GM updated bin. I can post that Bin too if you like, It might help with what you're looking for.

With the diesel prices lately, I'd love to purchase an economy chip for my 1994... But are you guys finding modest improvements in the economy state of tuning these OBD1 chips? I also pull a trailer for camping at times and I would like a chip that gives the much needed highway power without sacrificing fuel economy too much. Yes we 6.5ers are frugal, I personally don't see the point in spending $350 on a chip for my 18 year old truck unless the chips fuel economy pays for that modification within a year.

I also have far too many projects on the go to try to learn how to mod my truck, burn chips and such. I'd like to keep it easy when moding my truck, plug and play....So I'd like to buy a good inexpensive chip or two... Anyone interested?

Back