• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Different brand of FSD? (not stanadyne or Dipaco)

steelydan

Reaction score
My neighbour stopped in today to question me on thermostats for his '98 k1500 6.5 diesel. While I was showing him where the stats and the bleeder were I noticed his FSD. I have never seen one like this. It is apparently made by Rxxxxx Technologies. It looks to be designed specifically for mounting off pump as it has an intergral cooler. It was made in Canada apparently as it has a Canadian flag on it. I have looked at many and never seen one like this. It was on the truck when he bought it. Anyone got info on this? I can't read the name in the picture.

Attachments

• IMG00044.jpg
    IMG00044.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 78
One blurry view is not enuff - this thread is worthless without pics!!!!!!!!!

?????????????

I guess if it's made in Canada....it must be made of the very best quality.:smile5:

x2, i love to see that stuff is made in Canada, always seems to be the best stuff. Maybe the eh is canadians bragging about their Grade A craftsmanship?

But seriously, the canadian farm equipment manufacturers know how to build stuff well. Leon front end loaders and blades are the best, IMHO. Stuff is smartly designed as well.

But back on topic, i have not seen that one either. Does anyone know how they hold up?

I have only seen this one. When I asked him about his PMD/FSD he said my what? He did not know what I was talking about...This one has been on his truck since he bought it about 4 years and 60,000km ago...

iirc they were the first ones to try and come up with a non-Standyne solution to the PMD problem. I think they were about $500 and had some teething problems but I haven't heard anything recently.

Thanks for the link - iirc, and don't quote me on this, but seems like that flavor was the one that worked well until ambient temps dropped below ~40*, at which juncture it would roll over and expire, recovering only when temps resumed a more tropical nature - Missy Goodwench would have first-hand experience in that scenario

IIRC, it is called F-SOL. It was the first attempt to compete with Stanadyne and it has reliability problem. Kennedy started selling it and he quit selling it. IIRC, he still have a link in his store with no explanation.

As stated on-site, it is the Remarq-Tech Sol-D, for Solenoid-Driver - F-Sol is GM-ese for Fuel Solenoid, which Sol-D is intended to drive - also, iirc, the Sol-D is designed around Mos tech FET devices, which can tend to go stupid at cold events, particularly after being subjected to repeated intense heat-soak conditions, as encountered atop the 6.5L-TD engine in summer climes

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. I will let him know. I sent an e-mail to Remarq...they are in Toronto Ontario area. Asked for more information.

Ah, my old friend, the Sol-D ...

This was promised as 'The' solution to the stanadyne FSD issue... then reality set in.

Issues:
- cold ambients; they would just quit when it got too cold. (a bad thing in Canada)
- electromigration (the thing 'leaked' electrons, leading to unstable transistor events; occasional missing, stuttering were symptoms)
- RF Insulation (generated static like crazy) - lots of these made your radio sound like a buzz-saw, requiring lots of choking and filtering.
- sub-catastrophic failure (they didn't quite die, just got unreliable. Then they would get better. Then worse... randomly)

Some people had great luck with them, others, not so much. I would suspect quality-control issues in the root components, given the random nature of the problems they had.

Too bad; every 6.5 guy watched these like a hawk, hoping they would solve the PMD problem. In the end, they were just as expensive as a Heath, had only a 1-yr warranty, and they ended up being a non-starter int eh PMD solution market.

Back