• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Diesel Injector Pop Tester / Nozzle Tester

There were short and long body 6.2L & 6.5L injectors so the pipes were different but the injector end fittings should be the same. Shorties went in the van chassis along with the intake mounted turbo... I believe.

From orbit on my Android.

The fitting side they are all the same, as noted, my 1.9 TDI VW injectors are the same as I just rebuilt a set.

The shortie's didn't come on van's unless they are the same as the turbo 6.5's as mine are the same. I think the older, IE 82's had the longer injectors but not sure 100%.

I'm wondering that myself.
1.9L TD...I MKIII ALE AHU or MKIV ALH or both? The CDI & PD engines are wildly different.

Is there a certain year?...I just watched this video and they looked liked they were pressed in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaOGBPKD2oI

That's a BEW IIRC and uses high pressure injectors, VW's first high pressure CR type injector. If you have those, your SOL.

I'm wondering that myself.
1.9L TD...I MKIII ALE AHU or MKIV ALH or both? The CDI & PD engines are wildly different.

ALH and backwards you can pop test at home.

Yup. The BEW BRM etc PD engines and the newer CD engines need test equipment beyond a mere pop tester.
I have a MKV 05.5 Jetta PD TDI. Injectors will be real pricy when and if I need a set...

Nothing inexpensive like reworking the Bosch injectors for my GM 6.xL Detroits.

Yup. The BEW BRM etc PD engines and the newer CD engines need test equipment beyond a mere pop tester.
I have a MKV 05.5 Jetta PD TDI. Injectors will be real pricy when and if I need a set...

Nothing inexpensive like reworking the Bosch injectors for my GM 6.xL Detroits.

Or ALH and older injectors.:hihi:

These are mildly dangerous. I use mine outdoors with a small fan...
Indoors atomized fuel is an explosion hazard on par with an LP or NG leak.
Breathing it is very very bad.
Never ever get any part of you in the spray. You'll have to get it amputated.
I put the injector nozzle in a glass jar for spray testing.

Y'all prolly know all this but for any lurkers...

Be alert. The world needs more Alerts. :D

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

When I worked in a pump shop we use to test the injectors inside but we would use a jar to catch the fuel to reuse. We also used #1 diesel.

Back