• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Diamond Eye Exhaust

My hearthrob exhaust was much tighter on my 2500LD than it was on the 2500HD. I had to dent the down pipe so it wouldn't hit the frame hard. The LD has energy suspension poly motor mounts.

C1500 as well, even worse than K1500 when it comes to clearance. But it can be done. the shop that did mine charged $120 to assemble a custom set of pipe and elbows. they even cut and bent and welded together a 3" downpipe so it wouldnt touch anything. Its real close though, which when switching between ATT and GMx that alone makes it rub because they dont line up perfectly the same and have to bend things a little.

Youll notice the stock system hugged the frame because there was more clearance over there because tranny xmember bows up more inward

This is really up there on the top of my stupid moves!

I took mine apart today...now it's raining out, hope to get it back together tomorrow, I need the truck.

My arthritis is now telling me why I tried to pay to have it installed :mad2:

This is honestly got to be one of the most stupid things I have ever done! There was nothing wrong with the exhaust that was on there and it just might go back on there..:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Ok it's done finally and does sound VERY nice!

Took some patience alot of swear words & my 20lb persuader but it's done not rubbing anywhere & mounted very solid. Some very tight fits especially on the down pipe & the 4" exhaust pipe location where it crosses my drive shaft collar bearing support.

Many thanks for all the suggestions & replies.

Gauges are next up on my agenda.

I'll have to work on the sound bite...never done that with my current camera, can't be that hard to do.

Performance well it sure sounds faster, but it has never been a slouch. This truck is my daily driver, I have never hooked up my enclosed 18ft trailer to it yet...might get to take a trip here at the end of June if I can get away from work...?

It for sure is more difficult to keep my foot out of the accelerator now lol!

I took mine apart today...now it's raining out, hope to get it back together tomorrow, I need the truck.

My arthritis is now telling me why I tried to pay to have it installed :mad2:

This is honestly got to be one of the most stupid things I have ever done! There was nothing wrong with the exhaust that was on there and it just might go back on there..:mad2::mad2::mad2:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:):h

I had faith that the bad memories would be overwritten by the permanent tone of the sweet exhaust!

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I really like mine too. All the little mods add up... (not that exhaust is little)... Turbo Diesels really like to drink and breath, and seem to like it even more when its getting forced down its throat.

The exhaust is one of the mods that you never forget about, especially when a nice tunnel or bridge is coming up!:thumbsup:

Maybe so mine is soooo tight cause it's a 1500?

Is it cause its 4x4 and they only gave you straight pipe from the downpipe back to the muffler (should have a bent pipe to clear torsion bar xmember)? That's what happened to me with another guys exhaust. Sorry, I just saw that you have a 2x4.

I just received my diamond eye exhaust today. Had the old one out and the new one in in about 2 1/2 hrs. Everything fit VERY well. Down pipe has plenty of clearance, the intermediate pipe that goes over the tranny crossmember has about 3/4 in. on the top and bottom. Only mod I had to do was cut down the tail pipe because it stuck out from the body about 4 inches. With the muffler, it is very mellow sounding. Not near as loud as I was thinking it would be. Butt-dyno was noticeable.

I took a few pics of the two exhausts side-by-side, big difference. My soot trap looked to be about 75% plugged with shit. I am very happy with this exhaust.

Oh once you do the cat-ectemy you'll wonder why you hadn't done it sooner, the old cats before the era of the DPF did one thing well, caught soot, and not much else.

Diesel exhaust does not get hot enough to burn off suspended soot & residual un burnt hydrocarbons, they cake & coke up, so you get reduced flow low power & worse emissions overall. remove the crushed up down pipe and restrictive cross flow OEM muffler and you'll gain maybe 30 Hp, not really gain just release the pent up Hp that could not flow

Which is why when the green crowd comes to town we need to watch out as is the case there are often unintended consequences in the quest to "do something good for the planet", but I digress to a discussion better suited for the P&R forum

The turbo does a pretty good job of knocking back the decibels from the engine, step up the bar to add in a ATT you'll really get a throaty rumble out of the pipe, I live for tunnels and concrete partition dividers now,

Back