• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Detailed internal diagram of the 2004 Chevrolet button shift transfer case

thanks, just wanted to know if I needed to mule on this thing something fierce or if it should be shifting easily. I felt play up front so it's just a matter of applying as much force as I can given that it's on jackstands in the driveway.

any objections to copying the schematic posts to the DIY section after your problem is solved?

we could use it there for sure...

Thanks,

Pepp

any objections to copying the schematic posts to the DIY section after your problem is solved?

we could use it there for sure...

Thanks,

Pepp

Heck, copy them over now as an addition to the transfer case DIY thread here http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?17764-t-case-pump-rub-fix

it'd be a great place for them for those that have to go further in depth (like myself) with disassembly...... beyond just changing out the back case and clip/etc. I have to pull things apart and this should be fun.

I think that is beyond the limits of JB Weld:D

Yeppers yesireee yep yes. Most indubitably.

The wife said she saw the shift fork sheared off inside, I couldn't because I was trying to get the lock ring open, balance the damn thing on the table, and pry the case open at the same time... and it kicked my butt, so I said FUUUU and went and took a shower since I had a transmission fluid bath.

I am just hoping that the rear seals on the transmission were not damaged to any extent from the spring bearing thingy having gone all curly q in there. It might explain for the leakage, however... which once again, does not bode well.

While I want to do this as cheap as possible, at the same time I sorta want the guts of the case to be thrashed enough to just get a new case from Merchant... and while having a bad seal on the transmission is obviously bad, gee golly if I have to tear that apart too I might as well replace frictions etc with something a bit stouter! lol

It's a love hate thing right now...

I got a new t-case from Merchant. Still need to ship the old one back though. Finalized putting it in the same day I posted asking for torque specs. Ended up calling my uncle who's an ex-mechanic instructor and now works for snap-on for some specs :) Good to go, no leaks and that thing ain't comin off ;)

Back