• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DEKA Batteries for Brutus

Reaction score
Brutus was cranking a little slow so it was time for some new batteries, we have been working with East Penn at work so they gave me a couple of 778MF Ultimate Deka's to try out, It cranks scary fast now, they are 850 CCA East Penn is the Last US battery Manufacturer left and the Best IMHO
battery_zps8185fab3.jpg

I put a set in earlier this year from CARQUEST. Most everybody else has switched to JC. Just wish I could use 2 group 78's, but I have to use 1 78, and a 1 group 75.

Seeing this thread is just another reminder to buy new batteries soon. Mine look old as the hills...but still crank the truck over haha. I don't trust them though.
I was using a 12v pump the other day hooked up to one of the batteries and after about 2 hrs use, the truck barely started.

DURACELL brand from SAMS club is made by DEKA as well. Makes no sense considering WAL-MART sells EVERSTART which is JC, but SAMS sells DURACELL which is DEKA. Only drawback is they only come with a 3 year warranty(3 years free replacement, nothing after that).

Back