• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DB2: Increase Case Pressure-Turn Up Fuel: Questions...........

The n/a hummers,93-95 and some 96, use the same basic intake as the lower for trucks, but with no mounting tabs. The FFM is mounted to the firewall. I really prefer it after having worked on so many pickups. In one of the fleets we moved all the FFMs to the fender. We put clear line from there to a "T" for fuel pressure gauge, then sae30r9 piece (about 4" long) from the "T" to the IP. Then clear line on the return from IP. There was no diagnosis of fuel problems, just glance at gauge and lines and you knew what was happening without thinking about it. Filter changes took less than a minute. Also moved the drain valve right next to the filter.

Leroy, that was rough. Funny, but rough.

You guys are frickin nuts leaving thr ffm on the engine. Move that sucker to the drivers fender well or firewall where it should have been from day 1. Thats my 2 farthings.

:eek: Guilty as charged. :confused:

Never hurts to double check the diesel engine manual, but, it's good to have a vendor who is active... o_O Wouldn't want to be in your shoes having the heart attack. :D But one day you will be able to laugh with us at it too esp. when Leroy takes care of you with timing gears and other specific parts to our antique diesels.

Here is a picture of the rubber bushing area and apparently there were a couple of designs with the 1st design not having the rubber bushing. Cable NLA from GM, but, NOS, LMC truck, Rock Auto (PIONEER CA8503), used: it's out there. View A: Items #8 and #9 are what I am talking about to remove the "chatter" noise that comes through the cable when the bushing disintegrates. This should be a rubber insert between the throttle cable eye and a plastic bushing that rides on the IP throttle shaft. The diagram could be showing washers/spacers, but, not what I am describing regardless if they are actually there or not.
http://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/products/CABLE-Accelerator-Control/2769082/15674368.html

throttle_cable_bushing.JPG

Last edited:
.....But one day you will be able to laugh with us at it too esp. when Leroy takes care of you with timing gears and other specific parts to our antique diesels.
........rubber bushing......... a rubber insert between the throttle cable eye and a plastic bushing that rides on the IP throttle shaft. .........
now i see. i had one of those at one time. not sure if i lost it or it disintegrated. i will get another set when i can. thanks.

Of course, running an electric IP would solve the "chatter" problem!:rolleyes:
yep, electric. just not electronic.
gonna mess with timing tomorrow, hopefully swap GP's and pray that i'll be finished for a while.

Well deejaa, at least you wont need to swap that pmd. But I'm sure Husker6.5 has 1 or 2 spares somewhere for his.

Hmm rubber grommet swap every 23 years vs pmd. Yeah thats a hard one to decide.:D:D

Back