• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

dash questions

john65td

Addicted to boost
Reaction score
Got some questions bout my ipc when i put my blinker on my voltage gauge jumps from 14 volts where it normals sits to 13.8 or so is this normal? or anything to worry bout? also my oil pressure gauge hops around too 40 psi on start up the 6o when warm but when i stop fast it drops too then goes back up oil level good. fuel gauge does it too but thats normal on gm's. and on my after market pyro gauge since i put in my manual waste gate the highest temp i see is 650f to 700f degrees probe is in turbo

Sounds normal to me, but to be sure clean every possible ground in your truck and replace the OPS with an AC_Delco unit. (Or check with manual gague).

Good preventative maintance also.

ops is less than a month or two old ac delco too old one shorted out and oil pressure was reading past 80psi so i knew it was bad and replaced it

Blinker sounds normal, fuel sounds normal, oil sounds ok I think, you could check it with any aftermarket gauge though

sorry i didn't explain more i was half asleep when i posted my voltage gauge flucates same as my blinker does when i put it on it jumps with the blinker. i checked oil psi with manual gauge its ok

sorry i didn't explain more i was half asleep when i posted my voltage gauge flucates same as my blinker does when i put it on it jumps with the blinker. i checked oil psi with manual gauge its ok

We knew what you meant 'cuz all of ours does it too!

I will add, that my jumping slowed down a whole bunch when I added an additional Batt neg to fram fat gauge wire on each battery. I attached them right where the bolt holds the brake line in the front wheel well. I also replaced the ground straps, bnlock to frame to the same spot.

Fluctuations slowed down, and voltage remained higher (on the gauge anyhow)...

I replaced that ground strap once already where it goes by the downpipe, and the 2nd time i said screw this stupid design... No problems since, nor can I see any down the road.

Also be sure to do the Battery bolt mod if you havn't already done so. This is a must do mod for all GM' IMO.

Back