• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

D Tech or Standadyne

sshewins

Jesus Freak
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the D Tech IP? I can get the latest rebuilt IP from standadyne from a place near Chicago (autherized dealer), but I'm curious about the D tech rebuilds. Any good? Just as good? No good?

The 95 just don't want to give more than 10 MPG, so I'm lookin at the IP as suspect for now...

Thanks in advance,

D-tech boast a higher heat capacity before failure. I would go with d-tech. In fact I just ordered 2 last week, so I gues I already did!

Replaced my failing IP with a DTech PMD and AN IP from Penninsular Diesel. The DTech is 1/2" thicker than the Stanadyne. I mounted the PMD behind the front bumper at installation, no issues with the pump or PMD since complete.

Is your computer throwing any codes? I would think if your performance is down, some kind of error would show up, such as #17 and/or #18 for bad optical sensor. My truck had both those codes prior to the new IP and was running in "Limp" mode. Ran like garbage.

OK I think we are talking two different things here. SShewins you said D Tech IP. I wasn't aware that they even made one. So since you mentioned rebuilt I assume we are talking IP since PMD to my knowledge is not rebuildable. As far as D Tech PMD I have one. Only issue so far is my injection Pulse width is a little off but have not pinpointed the reason yet so not going to blame the D Tech.

It runs fine enough, I have boost set at 10, newly rebuilt heads, gasket matched lower intake, 4" exhaust, ss diesel's air intake. The timing and IP is pretty much all thats left. Well that's not entirely true. I havent checked the lift pump or the CDR.

Sorry, in one of the two issues of maxxtorque magazine, there was an ad for (I thought) a D Tech PMD and a D Tech rebuilt IP. I'm just curious if the IP was a quality unit or should I stay away from it. Thats all.

Again sorry for the confusion,

If a IP is what you are after, Pensacola Fuel injection on ebay is quality shop, I know some of the folks there personally who prefer to not announce that; as they are a regular contributors on some forums and don't want to run afoul of Stanadyne if giving info out Stanadyne doesn't want made to the masses.

Tim, it would seem that you apparently know everyone in the 6.5 community (thats a good thing). That place uses D Tech PMD's on their IP's, and comes with a 1 yr warrenty at a very good price. Shoot, they got an unbeatable price for their marine injectors AND they come with return lines FREE !! (sorry, I don't mean to sound like an advertizement for them)

Thanks again Doc!!

Glad to be of assistance, my knowing the guys at Pensacola Fuel was during Kartina aftermath, I came home and 30 gal of fuel, some fuel treatment and assorted other 6.5 goodies was left on my doorstep along with a business card saying we wuz here, they drove 120 miles to be of assistance to me and I had never met them in person only through my efforts on Place, have been to their shop several times since then, always gracious hosts and friends. IMO you won't be disappointed with their stuff.

That`s nice to know Tim.. and we are so lucky to have you here with all your help & info...
Take Care
/Paul

Pillow, if you don't mind me askin, why did you replace the IP? Was your power/mileage down? Was there any immediate gains that were noticed after the install?

Thanks guys,

I am running a "rebuilt" D-Tech IP from Tim at Accurate Diesel and a new D-Tech PMD. It runs great. The IP has know core charge and it looks like a completely new piece. Sorry about the pour quality pics all I had at that moment was my cell camera.

Attachments

• 080411_210806.jpg
    080411_210806.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 080411_210747.jpg
    080411_210747.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 6
  • 080411_210841.jpg
    080411_210841.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 080411_210718.jpg
    080411_210718.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 10
  • 080411_210704.jpg
    080411_210704.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 9
I am running a "rebuilt" D-Tech IP from Tim at Accurate Diesel and a new D-Tech PMD.

Are you running them in parallel? 2 Drivers !! Think of the possibilities.

Edit - NEver mind, I just read IP...

Thought you said 2 pmd's... still interesting thought

Back