• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Custom Tuning is now on the LML

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm finally running some custom tunes for my truck (EFILive flashed). They don't have switchable tuning setup and per EFILive (the company) they probably never will due to the limitations on the ECM. I removed the H&S Mini Maxx and what a difference, it's like night and day!

I haven't checked fuel mileage, that will be later in the week.

Overall it's so much smoother, I'm very happy with the upgrade in tuning. :D

Who did you go with? I know IdahoRob has been tuning them for awhile, Kory has some good tunes, and I believe the only one selling deletes for them in the US, and DURAMAXTUNER has some emissions present tunes for them as well. I believe Tony at RIDGERUNNER is supposed to be coming out with some as well here shortly.

Who did you go with? I know IdahoRob has been tuning them for awhile, Kory has some good tunes, and I believe the only one selling deletes for them in the US, and DURAMAXTUNER has some emissions present tunes for them as well. I believe Tony at RIDGERUNNER is supposed to be coming out with some as well here shortly.

I went with Kory.. A+ so far..

After a few weeks of running the new tuning, I'm more than impressed. I'm getting a solid 2MPG better over the H&S tunes. I feel like it's even better but no hard data yet to prove it.

That's pretty good Jeff! Do you have your foot on the pedal a little more now? To try it out and give the tune a good go? :LMAO: You may do even a little better when we are completely switched over to the good #2 diesel, and not the blend, and not putting your foot into it so much. ;)

Deleted Ferm..

Jeff, you're right. It sounds so good I could possibly do even better :D

Overall I'm very pleased!

Which way did you install the muffler? The fins facing forward or backward? One way is supposed to be a little quieter.

I believe some guys have opted for the Borla muffler to mostly eliminate the drone rather than go back to 4". I know a big reason I decided on 4" was reduced drone. I have very little

Sent from my SCH-I535

I believe some guys have opted for the Borla muffler to mostly eliminate the drone rather than go back to 4". I know a big reason I decided on 4" was reduced drone. I have very little

Sent from my SCH-I535

Good info Mike, I guess I might go that route.

A friend of mine is having DEF quality messages coming up on 2011. Been through GM scanning and testing blah, blah, blah...
@BoostN,, how much of the delete and tune did you do yourself?? How much did you spend? (if I'm not being to nosey) How did you get the tune from Kory??What all as involved with the tune and delete???

A friend of mine is having DEF quality messages coming up on 2011. Been through GM scanning and testing blah, blah, blah...
@BoostN,, how much of the delete and tune did you do yourself?? How much did you spend? (if I'm not being to nosey) How did you get the tune from Kory??What all as involved with the tune and delete???

I already have the EFILive V2 hardware, so I just purchased a license and purchased the tunes from Kory. Tune are around $500 and the license for my V2 was $125.

The second option is to buy an Autocal with the tunes on it.
Which is here: http://ppei.com/products/ppei-autocal-lml

Here is what I have:
http://ppei.com/products/efilive-v2-flashscan-gm

But, I own multiple Duramax's and I need the ability to flash more than one. So the V2 was the best option for me.

And, you will need a "turbo back" exhaust. Usually around $300.

Back