• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Custom 6.2l build - new guy here

OT sorry to hear about the surgery issues. That is why I have not had it. Fear of compications. I live with the pain.

It does suck. It is getting stronger ever day. I can now make a pretty good fist. ):h):h):h I am having to have a buddy come over and try to help get that bell housing nut off. It is the top drivers side and I can only get a 14mm combo wrench on it. But I am not strong enough to turn it. Hopefully I am just a weakling and he can get it.

and for those who wanted close-ups of the valve-train will be satisfied soon. When I do the oil priming, I will have the valve covers off and will get a bunch of detailed and close-up pics.

I like the single thermostat I have, because it makes getting to IP things and timing it easier. But those should be seldom performed tasks. I think the engine would run just fine with single stat, with little gain for having the double.

I posted a couple of questions in the 6.2l thread section, so if you are following and would like to help, you can look there.

Single or dual stats????

Single or dual stats???? I have both set-ups and it seems most folks prefer the single setup. I have no problem with that as the single fits with no mods. I will be running the HO water pump.

Will the single stat housing work with the HO water pump???? I have heard that the bypass blocking single stat can cause cavitation problems with the HO pump. The single stat housing I have is NOT a bypass blocking housing (from what I have been told).

If I run the double stat housing, what all is in the way. The High Idle/Cold Advance is in the way correct? Can this be changed to a manual switch in the cab? Other work arounds? Anything else that would need to be modded???

single stat with HO pump will work fine.

I would not worry about cavitation on this type of system. There is always a pressurized supply of water from the block, or the radiator.

OT

It's a boy!

scan0001-1.jpg

scan0002-1.jpg

scan0003.jpg

I have the valve covers off and they are going back on in the morning. If anyone wants any specific pics of the valve train, let me know.

I have the valve covers off and they are going back on in the morning. If anyone wants any specific pics of the valve train, let me know.

yep ..... anything you can think of taking .... but I want to see the rocker shaft assembly....... particularly how the rocker sits on the shaft ....... and the rocker its self ..... (you know .... as much as you can with out disassembly).... it would be appreciated.

a few pics from last week;

IMG_2320.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

IMG_2326.jpg

I have since installed injectors, injector lines, oil pump drive (in place of the vac pump in the pictures), valve covers, High Idle/Cold Advance setup, intake, water crossover, and gp controller. Moving on to the turbo and cross over.

Back