• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cummins 12v fuel issue

That’s a dang good deal for $8000. She shouldn’t have to sit on it very long for that price I don’t think. But yeah that would definitely be a good combo in one of our trucks.

First pic was miles, second is a trip meter. So under 11,400 miles.
Yeah, someone (yeah you @WarWagon- haha) needs a cummins/allison gmt400.

Exceeded mechanical limits of the odometer after 99,999.9 miles or is it 113,534 miles? You have a limited amount of digits and lack of a decimal point, that's lit on the trip, makes me think it's 113,534. miles.

No it is 11,353.4 miles on odometer. The 2,920.3 miles is trip setting.
I was mistaken that it is an hour meter. I didn’t know they had electronic odometers seperate from a speedometer gauge.

There is an actual hour meter for the 6.6kw generator at 400 hours.

What condition is the rest of the interior and how is the roof? Tire age and condition?

6.6 KW gen a diesel Onan unit?

Fridge and everything else working or is this a near part out condition. No insult just asking to make sure the suggestion of pulling the drivetrain for something else isn't because the RV itself is Uhhh...

Frankly this is a damn funky display with the way they made room for the decimal digit.

But I suggest confusion over the "." decimal isn't lit up on the odometer 'mode' or is that a camera trick? The limited 6 digits of the display IMO they left off the tenths in Odometer mode, original low miles, or it's rolled over it's limits past 99,999.9 Miles. Anything handy to document it hasn't rolled the odometer over 100K? You may need to take it around the block and see if the odometer is clicking off miles or tenths for the right most digit. IMO I just feel a Cummins diesel would have a million mile odometer, but, the 1 million mile rollover odometers became standard about the time they dropped a OEM Cummins in a pickup. IDK.

Really 100K is nothing for this diesel so this is a true exercise in curiosity.

Not an onan, I own one of those cant remember off hand.
by interior conditions I doubt it is rolled over 100k. all the interior is good condition, but old. so you can tell they didn't reupholster the whole thing. roof is good, tires 2-2 1/2 years old (sister bought). I did trip with them to 29 palms 2 years ago in it from Vegas. All the stuff works.
I don't know RV value, Guess it is priced ok. She priced it by what rv dealership said they would give 10 for it, so figure person to person sale 8ish. She has about 12 people interested so far. 4 that are going to test drive in by end of tomorrow. I see RV like a Dodge pickup- a delivery crate for a transplant drivetrain- haha. (joking, I like the dodge look).

I'm just happy to see her get some cash she could use and get it out of my garage door access.

Oh my heck, too many people calling and looking. Even Rv dealership that looked at it already upset they couldn’t get it and offered 11,000 but local guy already put a deposit. Sounds like left a few grand on the table, oops.

At least I should be able to get my hummer in the garage before years end.

Like most people that post a thread for help, we did something I forgot to mention
Thats funny. And I've fallen into the catagory myself....recently.

Is it a direct crank to radiator fan drive or a hydraulic cooling fan drive?
It could be excellent value for a Hummer engine swap.

iirc it is off the water pump just like a pickup. Yeah, I posted it on the hummer forums for that reason, but a couple people were interested just as an RV. A guy put a deposit to hold, so we'll see by Thursday if he gets it or losses his deposit.

I was really considering it for my hummer just because of the condition and price, but no way can I add another big project on right now. Besides, although I would prefer the Allison 6 speed over the 4l80e, I would rather a p400 over the Cummins. Funny thing about Hummer/Cummins swaps- A guy just posted the other day a complete kit for it, but too much for me anyways.

Back