• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Crank no start

Next step is to get a scanner on it and make sure you have communication. Then check codes and data to see what's going on. The PCM needs inputs from pressure, temperature, and rpm sensors to control the PMD. If everything test good, and you tested all the power and grounds with a headlamp bulb. Then its time for a PCM.

Test for 5v and ground at the sensor. Then test for a signal from the sensor while cranking the engine over.

Good power and ground and no signal means you need a sensor.

If you changed IP and have not time it, then you may want to time it.
Erase the code after and see if it show up again.

The fishbyte and stall in your post #1 also happened to me when I had DTC 19.
At that time, it was intermittent so I just replaced the CPS.
I am not sure if replacing an IP can cause that code or not, though.

At any rate, make sure you get an ACDelco CPS if you decide to replace.
It is not easy to remove the CPS, though.

I believe in first brake cleaner and old toothbrush around the sensor until clean. Then soak it with oil and tap the metal bracket back and forth until you can get rotation by hand. Only then do you try prying it up any.

Some other might chime and tell if this is a good or a bad idea.
I replaced the CPS on My truck while I had the front off of the engine, it was easy enough at that time.
I decided then that if I was ever to have to replace the CPS again, I would grind away the 1/16th or so off the PS mount bracket to allow the CPS to clear and make any further exchanges that much easier.

Back