• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cool Garage addition

I did a garage in a hill job once. I wish I had done it before I poured the stem walls for my garage.
The garage had 12" walls and parking garage planks for the roof. It was planned that he would build another garage on top facing the other direction. He never got that done but he has an awesome patio instead. The garage is 36'x36'. The extra cost was about $10,000. about $10 a square foot. Very cheap space. Especially for a 36'x36' clear spn room.
If I hadn't had my footing & stem walls poured I would have gone down to the same elevation as my basement floor and done the same thing.

............ If I hadn't had my footing & stem walls poured I would have gone down to the same elevation as my basement floor and done the same thing.

We did a bunker type space under our garage when we built the house. It's a small two car garage, 20x20, but a similar clear span space below. The main support is two W12x50 beams, with smaller beams perpindicular and an 8" slab. I'm guessing for the same $$ we could have made the garage larger with an extra bay, and been much more user friendly. We'll do that on the next house.

I'd be curious what the lift costs. I'd guess the pit would be equal or more, but if you have a tiny lot with no place else to go, and the water level isn't too high, it would be better than having your car outside.

if i had one i'm sure my wife would jam the car parked on top into the ceiling when she went to get her car out of the bottom

hello members,I am a new member and happy to be here. I would like to get some advice from you about a company that specializes in automatic parking systems in the United States. Someone suggested that company to me. Do you think he is the best in this field? If you have any recommendations, I would be glad to know.

Back