• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Constant white smoke

Well she locked up.. must have been something internal... 50,000 miles on the motor and never even got to tow a trailer or load with it :nonod:

Parking it threw winter.. I just put this motor in the truck this spring.. Im not in the mood to pull it out again..

Well she locked up.. must have been something internal... 50,000 miles on the motor and never even got to tow a trailer or load with it :nonod:
Sorry to hear that Justin.Mebbe been running to long with the bad injector,wore the rings and liner and seized the piston by lack of lube i'm afraid.

Man, does that ever suck!

Was the engine used?

Military take out?

It had 40 or 50k on it.. it was a International diesel junk build..

Sorry to hear that Justin.Mebbe been running to long with the bad injector,wore the rings and liner and seized the piston by lack of lube i'm afraid.

Thats what Im thinking as well... but the damn thing maybe had a hour or 2 of constant smoke run time..

Its going to sit for the winter.. I have a 6.2 long block in a barn... have to start messing with that.. Got way to much other stuff on my plate right now to wrench on it now though :cool:

The pintles get galded up inside the nozzle bore from wear, dirt, etc. They hang open some and cannot atomize the fuel. Eventually the pee stream will burn a hole in the piston.

Welcome!
We have a carnage thread...
We also have lots of advice to help not have the issue again and get you going on any budget.

Back