• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Considering water/meth

Volumejunkie

Reaction score
I've been considering water/meth for a while now. First off it dont want to affect the durability of my stock internals (which i feel like i'm already pushing) , but i would like to keep my egt's under contol better than just limiting the amount of time at high temps. Being able to hold WOT for at least 1/4 mile without worrying or having fun on the freeway and being able to watch the road. How safe is water/meth injection? I know it doesnt realy raise compression so to speak so it shouldnt strain my motor anymore correct? Just dont want to screw anything ELSE up... :help:

water meth is about the safest drug out there.

I alway suggest Snow performances kits. Theyre computer controlled so nothing gets screwed up.

Then just run windshield washer fluid, its a 30/70 mix and its cheap.

The more water=better cooling
The more meth=mor power/not as much cooling.

You spray it into the intake manifold. You can have multiple stages of it too.

For a stealthy install, tap into your windshield washer fluid tank. Hide the controller in the cab and wrap all of the hoses/wires in wiring loom. Nobody will know you have it.

thanks, that might be something ill look into in the future. if you do it let me know how you like it

fab up a better intercooler. That will drastically drop your EGTs.

Or you could buy a Spearco unit.

who makes good intercoolers that will drop the egt's alot? banks said they didnt have one out for my truck yet

I wouldnt buy Banks if it was the last stuff on earth. Just me I guess.

Spearco may or may not have one.

If spearco doesnt, buy some of their cores and make your own.

On big tunes they can drop the EGTs as much as 200* and more.

nice ill look into it lowering egt's will prolong your engine life and turbo life right?

You can spray washerfluid in for the water/meth injection? Are the detergents in the washer fluid not harmful to the engine?

Nt sure about that, but I know tons of people like it because its cheap and is a 30/70 mix.

Otherwise if all you want is cooling run Distilled water.

You can spray washerfluid in for the water/meth injection? Are the detergents in the washer fluid not harmful to the engine?

Nt sure about that, but I know tons of people like it because its cheap and is a 30/70 mix.

Otherwise if all you want is cooling run Distilled water.

Ah, i see. I'd be leary of spraying washer fluid in my engine.

The right washer fluid is nothing more than distilled water and methanol. WalMart SuperTech -25 degrees is 38% meth and has no detergents in it. That's the ticket man... this is my next major mod.

You do have to watch for the stuff that has extra additives... like that bug dissolver and the ones that have detergents and other stuff. I wouldn't want that stuff in my engine either. :doh:

i run water/meth, snow perf. stage 2, works great, helped me run a 13.038@102 with stock trans and turbo, but i didnt see more then a 100* drop in EGTs runnin 50/50, im gonna run 100% water, and walmart -20 washer fluid, but ive heard just water drops your power too.

I am running the labonte motorsports kit I used to hit 1700 degress by 80MPH now it wont go over 1600 degrees in the 1/4 mile.

I think I need a bigger turbo now;)

Your tunning has a huge effect on EGT's as I am sure lots of you know. I trap about 1500-1600 degrees in the 1/4 and I am really happy with that.

PPE sells the Spearco IC...

Back