• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Camping Gear

WanaDmax

Reaction score
What Gear Do You Run?

Post up your favorite gear, from knives, to packs, stoves to tents.
Give it a rating on a scale of 1-10, and and write a brief review.
Also if you want, post what you paid for it and where.

Obviously, dont post anything like matches, unless they are really mind blowing.
Anything you feel like reviewing, that other outdoor enthusiasts would appreciate, go ahead!

CRKT M16-14Z: 8 - Good durability, easy to flick open, after you have it for a while. Stays sharp. Lawks works okay, except when you need to close it and it wont. Personally i have no need for a lock on a knife, but others may. My serrations are gon, because some :conehead: sharpened it wrong, after i paid them $10 to sharpen it...

My leatherman has proved it's self over and over, the knife holds an edge well, the saw comes in handy thow it tends to pack the teeth easily, the screw drivers have been used for so much more than just driving screws, the can opener is a life saver and the pliers are the most used item on the tool. I give it a 9, theres always room for improvement.

I bought some aluminum collapsible tables at WalMart 3 years ago and they are one of the first things I set up after the chairs! I have no brand name but the are nicely made, sturdy and easy to use. They fold up flat and are easy to store. If you see them you will recognize them by their Quality and reasonable price..........Key Buy!

Fieldline Big Horn Pack: 8 - Been using this for about 2 months now. Its proved itself well. It is GIGANTIC! You could fit 3 small children inside.

It is well built too. It has one ENORMOUS main section, 1 long skinny tube like compartment on the side, and 3 smaller compartments on the other side. On the lower compartment, which divides the main bag part, there is a built in flashlight, so if you ever lose your flashlight, or show up to your site when its dark, just open the lower zipper, and youve got light to find your lamp, headlamp, flashlight etc. The closing lid, top thing has a reasonably large storage area for food, extra water, and other things. A little below the top lid is a small compartment enclosing a rain cover!!

Overall, so far good purchase. One thing i would like to see is an elastic water bottle pouch.

Last edited:
I have a Busse Game Warden, Sus Scrofa and Special Forces Natural Outlaw.

Rating 20 out of 10. Busse rocks!!!

Game Warden...Sus Scrofa...Special Forces Natural Outlaw.

Attachments

• Gamewarden.jpg
    Gamewarden.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 9
  • scrofa.jpg
    scrofa.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 7
  • SFNO.jpg
    SFNO.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I've collected so many things over the years, it's hard to narrow them down. I bring allot with me on trips (I have the room). I can setup cam pretty quick, and have enough creature comforts to have a pleasant time. I have 3 containers ready to go at all times...

I do as much camping as I like, but for my work, we get stuck out in the boonies quite a bit and I have to agree on a Leatherman. I use it for just about everything. Another item I use is a Jet Boil. It's a small self cooking unit. It's not really for a group of people, but it'll do single servings just great and super fast. http://www.jetboil.com/

I have a ton of gear in my 5th wheel storage area. (the bigger the opening- the more it will swallow!) For all those times when I have run out of firewood, or no fires are allowed......I have bought "The Little Red Campfire"
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/little-red-portable-campfire/34763
It actually works pretty well and does put out a fair amount of heat.:thumbsup:

I have been eye balling that for over a year now. I am glad to see a thumbs up on it. That gives me even more of an excuse to purchase one, Thanks!

I backpack, not normal camping, but I have a Sierra Designs Sirius3 tent that is awesome, light and roomy, huge for 2 backpackers, roomy enough for 3. Paid $90 at REI super sale

The best thing I have is an Atmos50 backpack. lightweight, durable, I like the straps not being so fluffy and the air suspension allowing my back to breath. Ive tried others and wasnt happy. That was like $150 at REI.

For stoves, I just use the little stuff, like the snow peak screw on to a small butane canister. They work great, especially with the piezo igniters.

I have a Marmot 0* mummy bag that is real nice and light, Big Agnes inflatable sleeping pad, dont waste time with the thermarest crap, unless its the really thick stuff.

Hiking boots I love are Montrail Torre GTXs.

I used to sell knives and still love my Cutco Bullwhip knife.

I get most of my stuff at REI as you can see.

Back