• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Conferado

conferado

Reaction score
My truck is an 05 Chevy 2500hd with Duramax 6.6 and a 5 speed Allison. I pull a 35 ft. fifth wheel RV and have really enjoyed seeing some of this great country we live in. My truck has served me well and has handled the load for 14 years and still going strong. I am also an avid hunter and also
enjoy some of the shooting sports as well.

Conferado
I know the feeling on being a vet and NRA member seems like there are a lot of folks out there that think they are going to take our
guns. I'm a lot like Charleton Heston "from my cold dead fingers" on that subject.
Can somebody tell me the best and safest way to clean my engine compartment on my 05 Chevy Duramax I need to do that and
have a trip coming up in a few days so don't need any problems from it.

Cold engine, spray all around with a good solvent like Simple Green, Purple Power, or Super Clean and let it soak for maybe 10 or 15 minutes. Use a garden hose to rinse real well at full power but stay away from pressure washing and be careful not to blast any electrical connectors or components more than just to rinse them off. I've never had any trouble doing that with my LBZ and I'm close to 345k.

Conferado I know the feeling on being a vet and NRA member seems like there are a lot of folks out there that think they are going to take our guns. I'm a lot like Charleton Heston "from my cold dead fingers" on that subject.
WELCOME TO THE STOP!

Heston had it wrong here in Florida it's "when they come for our guns we will take their guns from their cold dead hands."

Thanks I will give this a try as soon as I can get to the store for the chemicals to clean with.
I usually just use some Ajax dish detergent. use a detergent bottle that's about, ot empty, pour in some detergent, pour in some water and use the detergent bottle to spray down the compartment, let it set and rinse it off. Areas that have a heavy concentration of fuel or oil I soak down with BBQ lighter fuel and use a brush to loose it all up, rinse then go to it with the detergent.
Just normal dust and mud usually will rinse right off.
Welcome to the truck stop.

WELCOME TO THE STOP!

Gotcha. Thanks for the welcome and I hope it never comes to something like that. You know when they take our guns if they do we will not be citizens anymore we will be SUBJECTS answering to the ones in charge. I think history has taught us that and that is why we are not an English Colony.

Thanks for the welcome. I am in Alabama and just visited the Smokies a few weeks ago which is probably pretty close to you.

Yea, it takes me about 2 hours to get to the Smokies Park Land. I usually go there 2 or 3 times a year. Nice little mini vacation for 3 or 4 days.

What part of Bama are you in, I have kin people down there. That place is too darn hot for me.

Yea, it takes me about 2 hours to get to the Smokies Park Land. I usually go there 2 or 3 times a year. Nice little mini vacation for 3 or 4 days.

What part of Bama are you in, I have kin people down there. That place is too darn hot for me.
I am in the NW corner on Alabama in Muscle Shoals close to the Tennessee River and yes its HOT right now.

I am in the NW corner on Alabama in Muscle Shoals close to the Tennessee River and yes its HOT right now.

My kin people are scattered out down around the Birmingham, Leeds and Moody area. They moved down there in the early 1970's from this mountain area I live in. They made a good living down there and their family has grown, grand kids and great grand kids, all that stuff. Some of them also have property in Florida.

My sister's daughter lived down there at Homewood near Birmingham until late June of this year, then her family moved outa that place back to the mountains.

The weather here was in the 80s today, but it's cooling down soon.

I got to thinking about Muscle Shoals, last year I was in Pigeon Forge and met some senior citizens that were from Muscle Shoals, they were on a tour bus. They were super nice people. I was sitting on a bench at those shopping outlets, they sat down and started chatting with me. They'd have to be be good people to start talking to a rough looking wooly mountain man like me....

We can all hope however; those who have pledged affirmed or swore to an oath to protect & defend the constitution then vacate that oath to attack it "which is defined as insurrection." See: Sect. 3 of the 14th Insurrection clause clearly states "they shall not hold office"........but they do!

Back