• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cometic head gaskets FYI

Twisted Steel Performance

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
Reaction score
Just a FYI here....

Last week I got a call from a Cometic engineer, we have talked many times about the 6.x and other engines over the years and he knew I use their gaskets on some builds so a heads up was a nice thing on his part.

They have removed the head gaskets for the 6.x from their web site for now. They are redesigning the gasket to fix major problem areas and adding improvements a couple we have discussed in the past. So some companys do listen ....

The new gasket won't be available till late July or later.

Well I guess orange crush will be coming apart before I get a chance to run it...

If you want to wait it out for mine, no problem by me. I'm in no rush and if it's a part that you're willing to take your engine apart for, there must be something significant to it.

I have victor for yours and peters motors, I don't take a chance with customer builds, and so far MLS is a chance.

Maybe Cometic could pay You for using Your build for the test subject, then if the heads had to come back off, they could compensate You for that time and labor intense process too.
I'm not interested, and I doubt they would want to wait for results. They are having near 100% failure at the moment, and they know part of the reason is most of THESE owners aren't into doing things the way it should be, like a certain finish on blocks and heads, and over torqued stud's causing distortion, etc..

Calling @WarWagon ...

Looks like somebody has thrown down a new challenge for 'ya.

I have used Fel-Pro in the past.

Just need to knock some holes for the cylinders out...

fel-pro.jpg

Back