• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Come on EpA

06BEASTSR

Reaction score
Hello all

I am new to the Duramax world. I have bought a 2015 Denali HD and it was sold to me Deleted from a dealership. I had plans of course to do all the deletes down the road and enjoy a good efficient running truck for years to come as I have with my 2006 Ram 2500 Cummins. Now with the epa making it illegal for show to do the work, us as the community will now have to ban together and really share the knowledge of how and what make the deleted tuning different. I have always done my own work to my vehicles. The dodge has extensive mods and I even bought the V2 flash scan to write my own tunes and had written a few with some decent success. With no dyno and risking the law on the streets I chose to use firepunk for the time being.

My thing is we as a comunity of Enthuzists can now get stronger and make the shared tuning and learning a real thing for us that have no real choice of staying deleted or paying thousands of dollars to buy some used junk to make them compliant and then retuning them to run again.

Hey sorry for the rant of what I know has been said already. But I am on the other side of the world working and it irks my nerves to know this is what I have to come home to. SMH

Glad to be appart of this community. Thanks allIMG_1081.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TTS!

Am sure others will chime-in, and at the same time suspect that it will not change things much.

Distaste of the EPA noted, and am positive that it is shared by many ;) Even with that, am not sure that there is an appetite to openly go against Uncle's mandates for the tailpipe when it comes to tuning.

I think that EPA, along with hitting the tune writers, will also be hitting anyone that manufactures components that delete any portion of their mandated equipment.
Welcome to thetruckstop 06.

As long as it isn't visible smoke "Roll the stock footage of the old tractor trailer's smoke puff taking off from a light!" sound bite... many of us know The U.S.A. isn't going to "Save The World". It's just a "feel good" tool to hurt our economy.

With the tighter than European emissions for diesels we have in the U.S.A. and then look at what other superpower 3rd world counties do...

Our own military is emissions exempt. Do as we say NOT as we do. Thus a joke...

Let's see the tariff for high emissions (shipping engines: truck, train, boat) applied to our trading partner(s)... 🤑

The EPA has yet to touch EFI live because they don't write the tunes. They only give you the software to do so and you must be smart enough to figure it out. But they did restrict US users from obtaining full version of the software. This is an easy but expensive fix.

Drive to Canada. Purchase EFI live and a lab top computer. Install it and your done. Just never update it. International users get the full version of EFI live. We do not here in the states.

But the way things are going this too may come to an end.

Welcome.
Fighting the epa- thats like a 2nd grade kiddie game of 2 hand touch playing an nfl team. Ya know who wins that one.

As to the gubmint following their own rules. Haha.
I remember 1998 going out to Nellis AFB to pickup my Dad from work one day because right after work he had torun to an eye doc and wouldn’t be able to drive himself home.

While waiting, I watched him come off the flight line and a tug bringing back this huge pressure container 8’ tall and 3’ diameter. I asked about it- R12. They used it like a spray cleaner for the jet engines. Remember this is 2 years after R12 was banned from new car production because bad for environment. He said him and a couple guys did the math- they openly sprayed more R12 into the air as cleaning than the amount in all the cars in Vegas in one week. Must be obedient R12 that has orders to not destroy the earth. Haha

New military vehicles this year still don't have to meet our emission standards.

And even R134a (which was once touted as the world saving refrigerant) is now getting the same label of a global destroyer in the same manner as R12 & R22.

Perhaps we should stop focusing on controlling gasses which destroy the planet and have the Government focus on the core issue: people. Yeah . . ., lets see what happens when the Government starts trying to modify the human population to a more perfect specimen :cool:

Pentagon is working on the more perfect human body already. It was flowing in the ticker at the bottom of the screen on one of the news channels. Something about modifying DNA and genes to make a soldier that can heal quicker, like almost instantly.
I do know that DARPA has some private sector companies working on the strains to create a super soldier, and, mixing computer technology into the Frey.

Posting about deleting or deletes in general is a BAD idea. The EPA has been caught on SEVERAL forums now "trolling" for leads. They have now made it illegal to buy, sell, manufacture, resell, ship, install, or even to work on a vehicle that has the emissions altered in any way unless it carries a CARB EO number.

Even EFILIVE has felt the EPA's wrath all the way in New Zealand, hence why deletes are not available to US customers for vehicles newer than 2010, and they have even stopped writing the tables for international based users for vehicles made in the last couple of years. GM's new ECM encryption has pretty well ended tuning for any new GM vehicle as EFILIVE has stopped development on new GM controllers. This is largely what brought the wrath of GOD down on diesels was somebody figuring out how to get around it, doing it, and then people posting about it all over social media and youtube. Yes, it requires sending in your ECM to have the bootloader chip removed and replaced with one locked to them for the tune of just over $2K, then buying there hardware for close to another grand, and then paying a tuner who has spent the time to map them out to tune it. But the fact that a patented over government level encryption was bypassed for deleting a diesel unleashed the floodgates as the latest bill was signed just after this happened.

So I wouldn't say a word about deleting, and advise nobody else to do it either.

Last edited:
Back in the 1980's I recall R-12 and R-22, being expelled into the atmosphere, wild blue yonder, no oversight,no issues...

Wow. I am still alive, even the phosgene gas didn't get me......
Actually what does more damage to the ozone layer are high flying air and space craft punching holes in it.....the "chem" trails you see all across the USSA is to try and buffer that damage and UV radiation.

Back