• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CNY Southern Onondaga County 2012-2013 Plowing Season

Some pictures while at work. The trees look very cool here.

Attachments

• IMG_0199.jpg
    IMG_0199.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 0
Snowplowing this Sunday morning. I kept forgetting to take pictures of the finished products. Picked up another driveway this season when a neighbor saw me plowing. Its an easy drive. Also got a call from a buddy who slid into the ditch. That wrangler is lifted 5'' and on 33's.

Attachments

• IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0213.jpg
    IMG_0213.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 3
These are some pictures i banked up from the past few days. Had to go plow one of the clients because he was having a family event, and wanted a clean driveway. Another pic snapped at work before i cleared the sidewalk. And some pictures of a bush by our front door at work. Looks like a rabbit was inside the bush, as you can see the small hole at the bottom in the one picture. While what looked like fox tracks were following and trying to burrow into the bush to get the rabbit.

Ended up getting stuck this past weekend. Got caught up in some deep snow facing towards a pile of snow i pushed up, truck just sank. But with some back and forward motions i managed to throttle out. Nothing like a self-extraction.

Also found a ditch, must have been right on the edge of it as i felt my tire go down, but i slowly backed up and the truck pulled right out!

Lucky weekend.

Btw, it was at the Wrangler owners home who called me when he got stuck a few hours later!

Weather is going to stay below freezing through this weekend with little to no accumulation. Next week they are forecasting it to be in the 40's!

Attachments

• IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0218.jpg
    IMG_0218.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0217.jpg
    IMG_0217.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0215.jpg
    IMG_0215.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0214.jpg
    IMG_0214.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 2
This is the new John Deere facility in Cazenovia, NY. They happen to be our new neighbors. On my mail run this AM i saw them out playing with a MONSTER blower! These are phone pictures, i am going to try and get over there early some morning to see if i can get some close pictures. Its a double discharge!

Attachments

• deere blower4.jpg
    deere blower4.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 3
  • deere blower1.jpg
    deere blower1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 4
  • deere blower2.jpg
    deere blower2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 4
  • deere blower3.jpg
    deere blower3.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 3
Well the snow has seem to slow down for the next week or so. Its going to be time to get some work done on my truck. Ive had several issues come up over the past few weeks, plus others that have been ongoing. I got an appointment Monday to get my sway bar end links replaced (1 is broke), an oil change and an inspection.

Ive also been starting to have issues with the flapper door in the heater box. When i shut the truck off the flapper door flapps uncontrollably. I have to play with the heater/blower settings to get it to calm down. Does anyone know how the flapper is operated? Vacuum or electronics? What are the relays for on the top of the heater box behind the glove compartment?

My drivers door Kodiak handle i think may have bit the dust. The spring release function that holds the paddle out isnt working and my door really doesn't like to shut now.

On the cold morning i have problems getting my parking lights to function. The headlights will turn on, but nothing else. I have to play with the switch/get the truck warmed up before it will decide to light up.

Just a bunch of crazy nickle-and-dime stuff.

The flappers are controlled by an electronic motor. They are a small box with a motor and gears. One of mine use to flap. I went to the wrecking yard and got a replacement. It stopped the flapping when I replaced it. I took the one that was flapping apart and one of the gears was broke. I have a write up somewhere on here.

I found it

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?33272-Recirculation-Actuator

The flappers are controlled by an electronic motor. They are a small box with a motor and gears. One of mine use to flap. I went to the wrecking yard and got a replacement. It stopped the flapping when I replaced it. I took the one that was flapping apart and one of the gears was broke. I have a write up somewhere on here.

I found it

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?33272-Recirculation-Actuator

Awesome!^^ Thanks!

Edit: Where is this thing located? Thanks!

There is more than one of these.

That one was located on the passenger side of the truck. Between and up near the inside of the fire wall. In a small crevice barely large enough for human hands to reach. I will see if I can try to get a picture and add it to the post. I found mine by following the clicking with my ears and hand reaching around. It was far from easy to replace. But very doable.

On edit: I am adding pictures for you on the above linked thread of this little black box location.

Last edited:
There is more than one of these.

That one was located on the passenger side of the truck. Between and up near the inside of the fire wall. In a small crevice barely large enough for human hands to reach. I will see if I can try to get a picture and add it to the post. I found mine by following the clicking with my ears and hand reaching around. It was far from easy to replace. But very doable.

I did some quick online looking, seems as if there is 1 for the A/C, and one for the fresh air/re circ. I have to find out where the two are located to find out which one it is. All my A/C stuff is pulled.

I did some quick online looking, seems as if there is 1 for the A/C, and one for the fresh air/re circ. I have to find out where the two are located to find out which one it is. All my A/C stuff is pulled.

Mine was the fresh air recirculation control box. I added pictures of its location.

These are different from the doors that direct flow, right? Are they all controlled by motors?

Im really not sure Tanner. What i got off the internet is that there is once motor for the A/C flapper and 1 motor for the inside/outside air flapper. There must be some other type of motor that runs the "blender"?

They changed from the cable type in about 1991 to 1992 (not 100% sure on the years) having the fancy screen display heater controls which are all electronic.

Well i went to NAPA, and they said they have 4-5 different types of door motors. Depends on A/C, automatic A/C, auto recirc, manual, automatic and a bunch of other stuff i can't remember. They ranged from $45-100. WOW! I mainly just wanted to buy one new, know its good and i don't have to come up with time to go to the junkyard and really freeze my bottom off.

Well got a text yesterday from a customer. Had a person get stuck on his private road, drifts set in and he wanted me to clean it out. So i put the plow on for this 1 job and drive the 15 minute drive to get there. Man were the drifts bad! At some point early last week it misted rain on top of the snow, then is started thawing out the end of last week into this week. The snow was so wet and heavy. I had to plow in 4 lo do do anything. Trip edge kept tripping even with shoes due to the amount.

I told him he needs to let me know before it gets that bad again. Definitely lost money on this outing, but i still have a happy customer.

I got one real crummy cell pic. Stupid phone always looks very "grainy".

Attachments

• Jan 08 Plow.jpg
    Jan 08 Plow.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 4
Well, since we all the sudden got denied the 4-8'' of snow last night, mother nature decided to give us this teaser today.

Attachments

• IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1
Well, the max snow we have gotten since December has been 2''. I put the plow on to clear my dads driveway due to having withdrawls.

Attachments

• IMG_0257.jpg
    IMG_0257.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0258.jpg
    IMG_0258.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0259.jpg
    IMG_0259.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0260.jpg
    IMG_0260.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 3
Plowed all the drives, half last night and half this morning. Mostly drifting. Two pics at work this am.

Attachments

• Feb. 22,2013 (1).jpg
    Feb. 22,2013 (1).jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Feb. 22,2013 (2).jpg
    Feb. 22,2013 (2).jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1
Back