• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L Cloyes Timing chain and gears C-3097

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
Cloyes Timing chain and gears C-3097

I assume this is for a 6.5 diesel

Is anybody interested? I have no idea what to ask for it.

Open to offers.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I would think that someone must be getting close enough miles to needing a set.
On My gas vehicles I always figured 100,000 miles to a set if they are not the plastic coated sprockets. If they are the PC sprockets then about 70,000 and they better be gone.

Cant remember how many times i was dropping oil pans to remove all the plastic chunks from those stupid plastic gear tips. 1970’s gm gassers were riddled with them.

Want the benifits of that plastic- send the two gears to Chris for coating to reduce friction.

are the factory gears in one like mine coated with plastic gear teeth? just a thought..... I wonder if that is where all the engine noise is from. causing the timing to be somewhat off!! when I did the water pump I did look at what part of the gears I could see with the pump removed. they looked ok at that time.

Honestly I hadn't posted an update on the noise mine is or was making. Ill post an update on the thread here in a bit. I have been afraid to speak of it fearing it would jinx it lol

Cloyes Timing chain and gears C-3097

I assume this is for a 6.5 diesel

Is anybody interested? I have no idea what to ask for it.

Open to offers.

I have a 1998 K2500 heavy duty l65 that needs that set. I live in Ohio around Cleveland. How about $60 and you pay shipping to zip 44090?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That is a fair price if I can get it shipped for a reasonable cost.

Do you have any way to price shipping. I might be going to town tomorrow and can check price then.

Send me your shipping info. It's 15 mile round trip to the closest town. Not making the trip anymore than needed.

That is a fair price if I can get it shipped for a reasonable cost.

Do you have any way to price shipping. I might be going to town tomorrow and can check price then.

Send me your shipping info. It's 15 mile round trip to the closest town. Not making the trip anymore than needed.
Flat rate shipping box, IIRC, about 15 bucks for the large one. It all will fit in that.

Cant remember how many times i was dropping oil pans to remove all the plastic chunks from those stupid plastic gear tips. 1970’s gm gassers were riddled with them.

Want the benifits of that plastic- send the two gears to Chris for coating to reduce friction.
If I had the money, I'd send the whole truck to Chris and let him have his way with it.

LOL. Apparently that doesn't work for us. The big box with the gears was $70.60. I don't have a clue how tobget box rate shipping. That was for an 18" box
The PO has the flat rate boxes on display in their front entrance.
There are about six or so sizes.
The largest box, IIRC, about 15” X 15” and maybe about 6” deep is about $15.00 and that rate is good up to IIRC 70 or 80 pounds.
I mailed a BP pistol, lead cast balls, lead ingots and the ball mold to My son in Alaska, it was over 50 pounds and the cost at that time was about $14.00.

The PO has the flat rate boxes on display in their front entrance.
There are about six or so sizes.
The largest box, IIRC, about 15” X 15” and maybe about 6” deep is about $15.00 and that rate is good up to IIRC 70 or 80 pounds.
I mailed a BP pistol, lead cast balls, lead ingots and the ball mold to My son in Alaska, it was over 50 pounds and the cost at that time was about $14.00.
My wife took the rear end gears we sent to the post office and the cheapest the postmaster could come up with was maube $67 or so. I think it would have fit in a 15 x 15" box

Back