• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Clay Bar?

Not sure if that was the culprit or not but I had swirl marks that would make you want to paint the vehicle. I got my hands on an electric DA with the different foam pads and worked on it for a week.
The truck looked great and has since then.

I tear my bars into 1/4ths, and use them one at a time. One is good for an entire claying of my car, and then I save it for my wheels the next time. Be sure to follow up with a good wax or sealant to protect the paint from any more debris. I'd use a sealant for the winter, to keep the salt, etc. from damaging the paint.

I tear my bars into 1/4ths, and use them one at a time. One is good for an entire claying of my car, and then I save it for my wheels the next time. Be sure to follow up with a good wax or sealant to protect the paint from any more debris. I'd use a sealant for the winter, to keep the salt, etc. from damaging the paint.

WHat size bottle do you use?? How long does it last. I am referring to the stuff you spray on before you clay,

I use the normal bottle that comes with the clay. It lasts a few clayings, at least two. I tried the trick mentioned before, to use the clay with the soapy water, and it worked pretty well, but I prefer the detailing spray.

Back