• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CKO TECH 2

Curious about this too, as I have the bastard child year 95 as well. The sellers say that this won't work on trucks without a "truck adapter" whatever that means, but when searching for "truck adapter" nothing comes up, at least on ob2tool and obdii365. Any insight on this "truck adapter" Ferm?

So far I'm as happy as can be with it. I did have to pull it apart and redo some cold solder joints on the screen backlight connections, but other than that it's been rock solid. The truck adaptor is for working on semi's and such, mine works fine on the 95 side for abs and airbag diag, and connects fine to the obd2 side for the engine and trans. And do not try and update the card or tech2, it will brick it. Mine came with the most recent update on the card and GM has no plans if releasing anymore updates for them.

I wonder if this also can do the ABS system on the obd1 and 2 also. I may want to invest into one sometime.
It does for the 1 year only 95. I learned about 95 being a 1 year only ABS when my local dealers Tech1a could not connect to my 95's ABS, but the Tech2 works just fine. The Tech2 does basically everything from 92-12, and with some creativity it can do some earlier stuff(you can scan 87 tbi's if you put it in as a 92 and others like that where you find a 92 with a similar data stream).

Back