• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Chasing a Ghost

Have you cleaned the grounds yet. Especially the ones on the back of the passenger side engine. One of them goes to the pcm.

The water in fuel light has been on for a month now and I can't seem how to get it to go out. I have taken the filter out and cleaned all of that out and now it just flickers but it was running fine with it on for a few months

running it without fuel pressure from the lift pump means the IP is sucking fuel all the way from the tank.... that added strain on the IP will shorten its life.

Yep, nice code menagerie. Put on the clear line.
Get ALL that old fuel out of there. Buy fuel from a different source. New fuel filter. Ensure the fuel pressure is up whwre it should be under load.

You could have two issues......something like a couple bad glowplugs or getting air in the system when shutdown causing the rough start.
Then a flaky PMD or CPS or Optic Sensor causing your loss of power / stalling.

We just went through this on my son’s ‘94 K2500 Suburban. After ruling out the PMD by swapping in several known good ones, it ended up being the OPS. Very quick and easy to replace with the right socket from Leroy Diesel.

Back