• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Changing intake

RD400HP

Reaction score
I'm swapping the intake on the 6.5 and I was wondering if you guys are using any sealant on the intake gaskets and what are you using on the intake bolts that require sealant? Thanks for the help.

Mark

I used the attached information last time I removed and replaced an intake. I believe that there's a few bolts that need a sealant as indicated on the diagram with a "T" for Teflon tape. I don't know what the factory specs are regarding sealant but I used Permatex High Performance Thread Sealant on the couple of bolts that were indicated for Teflon tape. I have also done it the way ak diesel driver indicates and had no issues.

Attachments

• 15811122911479019801802816749488.jpg
    15811122911479019801802816749488.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 1.gif
    1.gif
    7.7 KB · Views: 7
I have used permatex “the right stuff” for years with no failures. Nowdays they make even better formulas for higher heat. This is inplace of the gasket. None of the intake bolts need anything on the threads. A bit of antiseize might help you if your in a rusty area.

Thanks for all the help guys appreciate it. I'm going to use a non egr valve intake & do the Fuel the Beast mod, heck I started this awhile back and stalled out on the project and now I have to go back and try to remember where I left off thanks again for the advice.

Mark

Thanks for all the help guys appreciate it. I'm going to use a non egr valve intake & do the Fuel the Beast mod, heck I started this awhile back and stalled out on the project and now I have to go back and try to remember where I left off thanks again for the advice.

Mark
YUP, seems to be the way of things, too many distractions. LOL Heck, I walk to the tool box, then, try to remember what I walked to it for. LOL

Been there done that Mr Marty. I'm an equal opportunity forgetter I forget where I set my wrench down and I play the same game with the parts and I get pretty disgusted with myself sometimes. I wear out my shoes prematurely with all the extra miles I put on them.

Mark

Back