• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cclb to ccsb conversion ??

Frames are stretched and shortened all the time. It's no big deal to take a long bed truck and shorten the frame to fit a short bed.

Alot! easier said then done though. And actualy it is a big deal to get it right. Have you done one? If you have I would like to hear how you went about it.

Leroy

I had seen that episode. Its been raining here all day or I would have gone junk yarding to look at the different frames. Will do tomorrow. Thanks for the link.

It would be alot of work, what do you guys think about a crew cab with extended cab short bed. It could even be a 5 door if you grafted in a ext cab 3rd door type.

Im sure some of the techniques are the same, but the frame on a GMT400 seems to be very different. And, Im not willing to do a total frame off job on it. I want to find a way to do the convertion from the section of frame behind the cab, the exposed section when bed is removed.
There was another build over there that did it very simularly to like what I want.

Thanks David. Im in the mode of researching brake upgrades for 6 lug 2wd. I want to go 6 lug and some 20" wheels (still looking at wheels too). What wheels do you guys like? Anyone know of some better brake upgrades. I don't mind having to fab my own system. For example I put 4 wheel disc brakes on my 72 Chevelle, used calipers and rotors off a 2004 Corvette.

new idea: keep the long bed and the 8 lugs, and find a quadrasteer rear end. Can we all say big girl whos light on her feet?

IIRC, duraburb did a quadrasteer, and it hasnt died yet with a 600 hp tun on the d-max. from what I hear, they look dinky, but hold up well.

Really! does he have a write up on it? They had 8 lug quadra? I did concider it, but assumed it would be very expensive/complicated.

IDK where the link is, but I found the video one day on youtube. I am at home on dialup, so I am not going to be able to view any videos, but search duraburb, and it will be a white LBZ, IIRC.

one would think that it may work on OBDII, but it may have to be newer with canbus to work, IDK much about that stuff.

It honestly cant be that hard, as Case had those old crab steer tractors back in the day. I drove my first one the other day testing one out at an auction, it was a mindtrip! :) you had the option of crab, front steer only, and front and rear, which turned like a quadrasteer to turn sharp.

Thanks David. Im in the mode of researching brake upgrades for 6 lug 2wd. I want to go 6 lug and some 20" wheels (still looking at wheels too). What wheels do you guys like? Anyone know of some better brake upgrades. I don't mind having to fab my own system. For example I put 4 wheel disc brakes on my 72 Chevelle, used calipers and rotors off a 2004 Corvette.

Did you look into SSBC brakes?

Be ready to get shocked at there overly expensive prices. :eek:

Did you look into SSBC brakes?

Be ready to get shocked at there overly expensive prices. :eek:

Yes, they don't offer a 6 lug system. And, until I start to zero in on something I keep bouncing back and forth from 8lug to 6 lug. I looked at a Tundra last night it had a huge caliper with either two or 4 pistons. I will wind up making my own system because like you say the kits are just stupid expencsive.
If I have time I want to measure the rotor diameter of a couple 2003-2012 8 lug trucks. I would like atleast a 14 inch dia. I can make my own mounting brackets if needed.

I like the look of that truck more than I thought I would.

Had it still been avaliable it would probaly be in my driveway.

Actually the 9.25 Dana 60 Qudrasteer is the only one that was decent. It holds up well to our 450HP/700FTlb Duramax SUV's but I wouldn't recommend it for anything more then that. It is a neat system and we have another one here right now that is getting built in a few weeks.

Thanks for the post. I posted the same video in my other thread. Is this really your first post? I thought you were a member here allready. If yes A big welcome to TTS.

On a side note I bought a 2003 Quadrasteer today. Its a 1500HD CCSB. Whats funny is I may have it sold allready. A friend just has to have it (if he can get financed)

well, I guess my memory turns TQ into HP and knocks 100 off, sorry for the inaccuracy!

welcome to the site Duraburb! glad to hear the quadrasteer is working out good.

Back