• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cclb to ccsb conversion ??

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
I have always liked the idea of a CCSB, but for my past work I needed a long bed. Im looking for a CCSB now OR convert my CCLB to a CCSB I have to go look at my truck later to see whats involved, but thought I would post up to see what you guys think.

This is 1/2 ton
chevy4doorshortbed.jpg

3/4 ton
4doorshortbed.jpg

i think the ccsb was offered only in 2000/2001, don't quote me though. i have seen a few writeups on the conversion, put a cc on a rclb frame, channel the body. they look good when finished though.
i would cut the frame and use the sb. cut a frame once and it worked out good.
can't see it being much diff than the obs: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=381424

Im thinking of sectioning in a sb frame.
David, you are the "search master" see if you can find me one. Its going to be hard to find one in as good of shape as mine and with a 6.5 and for anything less than $5500. So, I may have to mod mine.

1/2 tons were never made by GM. They were a conversion. 3/4 and 1 ton were a GM unit and available as a dually also.

I called my buddy and he said they swapped out the whole frame. He said he though they used a Ram 3500 ECLB frame. IDk if this would work on Chevy or not?

if it had a short bed i guess the fuel tank would be 25 gallons. i would need to add one to the bed so it would be even less bed space.

if it had a short bed i guess the fuel tank would be 25 gallons. i would need to add one to the bed so it would be even less bed space.
I'd find a way to run the 34 gal. Bed space is much more important in the 6.5' bed.

HEY! I could have a 6.5L/6.5 bed or 6565

Frames are stretched and shortened all the time. It's no big deal to take a long bed truck and shorten the frame to fit a short bed.

Back