• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Camping Project - Club Car

DieselSlug

Reaction score
I think I had a few photos posted of this unit somewhere in my one-size-fits all threat but we are taking the next step.

Background is my family purchased a club car from a golf course for our seasonal campsite. First was the rear seat install, then came the HD rear springs, then the 6" lift, then the lights, then the 23" ATV style tires. We then had a fuel pump failure that filled the crank case with fuel. Luckily a tune up, oil change and new fuel pump we were back in action.

We finished out the season with a few small engine mods and could sustain a good 22 MPH on the flats. This cart could dig through mud to the frame and even throw rooster tails on the woods trails at the campground. Unfortunately once a hill got involved the 9hp powerplant struggled.

This winter we planned for thw next upgrade, and this is where things are starting to get crazy!
20210226_170523.jpg20210226_171534.jpg

Haha yea some forced induction will get things moving.

The engine is a harbor freight special typically $800 and something and sometimes on sale for $649. Unfortunately we couldn't get our hands on one during thw sale so we did pay full price....

I wonder how much small engines last with doing things like better flowing head, gapless ring, coatings, etc. putting in $2k into a $800 engine.

I keep waiting for fuel injection to be the normal for them.

BTW- pics of the lil car, man!

A lot of v-twins are EFI I haven't heard the best about them. Most small engine problems revert to the Ethanol fuel.

I have one now but have little experience with it.

A lot of v-twins are EFI I haven't heard the best about them. Most small engine problems revert to the Ethanol fuel.

I have one now but have little experience with it.
Harley is doing very well with EFI. A lot of other motorcicle engines is too.
Might be some of the small engines dont use EFI is because of the magneto style ignition systems. Too many pulses from componemts might keep tje EFI firing uncontrolably. 🤷‍♂️

Back