• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cab Lights

About how long does it take for the install?
Some shop told me like 5 hours or so. I didnt think it took that long...

Like Joe said...you only have to pull the front down a little to be able to install the harness..it is so easy......a caveman could do it..Joe did it.:ciappa::smilielol5:
Joe
caveman.jpg

you guys made your own harnesses right?? also, how did you guys attach them. when i put lights on the s10 i had to drill atleast 10, 1/2" holes in the cab for their stupid clips. i'd much rather find some sheet metal screws and just use a couple screws per light instead.

you guys made your own harnesses right?? also, how did you guys attach them. when i put lights on the s10 i had to drill atleast 10, 1/2" holes in the cab for their stupid clips. i'd much rather find some sheet metal screws and just use a couple screws per light instead.

I used the screws that came with the lights...no clips, just drill smaller pilot holes for the screws and don't gorilla them and you will be fine.:sifone:

that sounds like a plan. a little clear silicone under each light and i bet it'd be good to go

I've been wanting to do this for a while, just can't bring myself to pop holes in the roof of my rig! I guess the beer solution is one way to do it. Can you order the harness or do you have to make it? I'd be going with the factory ones, I assume they don't come with one...

I've been wanting to do this for a while, just can't bring myself to pop holes in the roof of my rig! I guess the beer solution is one way to do it. Can you order the harness or do you have to make it? I'd be going with the factory ones, I assume they don't come with one...

we're in the same boat tom! i'm going to just order the OEM NBS lights from either the dealer or gm parts direct. i'm going to do as most others have and make my own harness. somebody said a while back the OEM harness runs like $220.

Back